It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM/RTC Work Item Customization

Andrew Mohl (1612) | asked May 11 '09, 11:42 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello,

I'm working on a PoC/demo to customize RQM (RTC work items under the hood) to match a customer's current defect and change process. Can someone advise on the following items I need to include in the process and let me know if these are possible, or if not, when they are expected in Jazz/RTC/RQM? FYI, I'm using RQM 1.0.1.1 with RTC client 1.0.1.1.

** In work item presentation -- ability to create a short text field (ie. Phone number). If I use small string as the custom attribute and add it to my presentation, it always defaults to a large, multi-line text box when displaying in the web client. Is there a way to make them smaller (ie. the size you would expect for a phone number)?
** Adding "Contributors" for multiple roles. From what I can tell, besides the "Created By" attribute, you can only specify another field for a user of type "Owner". Is there a way to add multiple other Contributors and give them a custom label so that I can have multiple users listed in the work item for different areas of responsibility (Tester, Analyst, Manager, etc)?
** Backwards linking to RQM test record? I can create a defect from a test result and have the link to the defect # available in RQM. Is it possible to have the associated TER # or a link to the TER available from the Defect/work item in RTC as well?

Thanks!
Andy

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.