It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

add value to pull down list during projecyt execution

Matt Wietlisbach (1145) | asked Jan 31 '11, 1:57 p.m.
I am looking for a way to dynamically add a value to a pull down list in order to add the current build number (baseline) to a list of build names. Basically I need the .set command functionality to add to a pull down list for each job run.

Here is the scenario.

Developers in a UCM env need the ability to create incremental builds against any previous baseline of the project integration they need. Right now I save the value of the previous baseline in a standard variable but would like to store it in a drop down. That way the developers can select the baseline and get it right versus having to know the exact baseline name. Upon job completion the pulldown list that stores baselines will be updated with the baseline from the current run so that it can be selected in a future run.

THanks

Matt

2 answers

permanent link
Robert haig (1.0k16) | answered Jan 31 '11, 3:45 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I am looking for a way to dynamically add a value to a pull down list in order to add the current build number (baseline) to a list of build names. Basically I need the .set command functionality to add to a pull down list for each job run.

Here is the scenario.

Developers in a UCM env need the ability to create incremental builds against any previous baseline of the project integration they need. Right now I save the value of the previous baseline in a standard variable but would like to store it in a drop down. That way the developers can select the baseline and get it right versus having to know the exact baseline name. Upon job completion the pulldown list that stores baselines will be updated with the baseline from the current run so that it can be selected in a future run.

THanks

Matt

there is not a way to do this using .set

to accomplish this you will need to write a short API script to modify the env variable values.

permanent link
Matt Wietlisbach (1145) | answered Jan 31 '11, 3:48 p.m.

Here is the scenario.

THanks

Matt

there is not a way to do this using .set

to accomplish this you will need to write a short API script to modify the env variable values.

I was afraid that was going to be the answer. Should not be too hard.

Thanks

Matt

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.