It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Integrating RequisitePro into RTC 3.0

Torben Rydiander (212) | asked Jan 31 '11, 8:01 a.m.
Is there a supported way to Integrate RequisitePro 7.1 into RTC 3.0?
I haven't been able to find one yet.

7 answers

permanent link
Joerg Moeller (9677) | answered Feb 03 '11, 9:07 a.m.
Hello,

have you tried the RTC / ReqPro connector from the 2.0 stream?

Regards
Joerg

permanent link
Torben Rydiander (212) | answered Feb 03 '11, 9:13 a.m.
Hello,

Regards
Joerg

No, not yet. I was hoping for IBM Rational to write if it was working.
And hoping not to bethe first to try it out ;-))

Regards Torben

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Feb 03 '11, 11:38 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
My understanding is that the recommended way to integrate ReqPro into
the Jazz products is via RRC ... i.e. ReqPro is integrated with RRC, and
then RRC is then integrated with RTC.

Cheers,
Geoff

On 2/3/2011 9:23 AM, rydiand wrote:
JoergMoellerwrote:
Hello,

Regards
Joerg

No, not yet. I was hoping for IBM Rational to write if it was
working.
And hoping not to bethe first to try it out ;-))

Regards Torben

permanent link
Libor Bus (1534) | answered Feb 07 '11, 11:32 a.m.
My understanding is that the recommended way to integrate ReqPro into
the Jazz products is via RRC ... i.e. ReqPro is integrated with RRC, and
then RRC is then integrated with RTC.

Cheers,
Geoff

RRC 3.0 beta supports only one-time migration from ReqPro without any repetitive synchronization.

I tried the ReqPro connector with RTC 3.0 couple of days ago but unsuccessfully :( The connector did not see ReqPro server in the synchronization rule setting.

Please, let me know if anybody succeeds.

BR,
Libor

permanent link
Jan Vogel (21) | answered Mar 30 '11, 5:02 a.m.
We've actually been able to let the two products (RTC 3.0ifix1 and ReqPro 7.1.2.01) see eachother. However, the setup has not been successful either in our case.

To start with, the script supplied with the connector needs not only the adjustments mentioned in the integration article (http://jazz.net/library/article/392/), but also needs to define the ECLIPSE_JRE setting, as it is being used in the batch script to initiate the synchronisation. The second adjustment needed is renaming the classpath definition of reqproConnectorClient_v2.jar to reqproRestConnectorClient_v2.jar. The resulting script looks like this:

<START SCRIPT>

set ECLIPSE_JDK=<Your RTC installation directory>\TeamConcert\jdk\bin
set ECLIPSE_JRE=%ECLIPSE_JDK%\..\jre\bin
set EXT_DIR=%ECLIPSE_JDK%\..\jre\lib\ext

set JAVA_CLIENT_JARS=<Your JPJC installation directory>\jpjc

"%ECLIPSE_JRE%\java" -classpath ".;reqproRestConnectorClient_v2.jar" -Djava.ext.dirs="%JAVA_CLIENT_JARS%";"%EXT_DIR%" com.ibm.uk.reqproconnector.ReqProConnector

<END SCRIPT>

Editing the properties file included in the distribution can still be done using the instructions in the article. For the synchronisation rule, there is a screenshot in the article which appears to be incorrect. The screenshot depicts a mapping between GUID and Key, which must be, according to the article, a mapping between key and key. Also note this key to key mapping needs to have the external identifier checkmarked, which does not appear to be done in the screenshot.

If the steps in the article are all performed, taking the adjustments mentioned here into account, a synchronisation can be fired. The output we're seeing reports succesful logins and communication between RequisitePro and RTC, showing updates and creation of requirements.

However, the requirements do not appear in RTC. The issue we're facing is a strange one. Going to the Synchronisation Rule, rightclicking for the context menu, and selecting 'Show Unsynchronised' reveals the following error for all requirements which should be synchronised:

Error occurred:

Save Work Item
Missing required license
An error response was received from the Jazz Team Server. Status=400. Message: CRJAZ1381I The user has a "Stakeholder" client access license assigned that would normally allow this operation, but the license expired on Mar 1, 2011 11:20 AM. You can install a permanent client access license to re-enable this operation.

The odd thing is, the user account which is being used to synchronise to RTC has floating Developer client access licenses. Stakeholder licenses are impossible to add when there is already a Developer license in use. Secondly, when trying to switch the account to a floating Stakeholder client access license instead of a developer license, running the synchronisation batch file will result in errors not being able to deliver the requirements to RTC.

I hope anyone out there has managed to get this working. I'd be very interested in seeing a solution for this issue.

permanent link
Sudheer Rugbeer (11521632) | answered Jun 15 '11, 7:14 a.m.
Hi janvogel

Have you managed to find a solution to this problem?

I am facing the same problem with the sync from ReqPro to RTC (missing required license). The strange thing is that the synchronization was working perfectly, until today when I started getting these errors!

One interesting thing is that the trial Stakeholder license type had expired on May 29, 2011...which is the same date reported in the error message. However, nobody was ever assigned this Stakeholder license type.

Regards,
Sudheer Rugbeer

We've actually been able to let the two products (RTC 3.0ifix1 and ReqPro 7.1.2.01) see eachother. However, the setup has not been successful either in our case.

To start with, the script supplied with the connector needs not only the adjustments mentioned in the integration article (http://jazz.net/library/article/392/), but also needs to define the ECLIPSE_JRE setting, as it is being used in the batch script to initiate the synchronisation. The second adjustment needed is renaming the classpath definition of reqproConnectorClient_v2.jar to reqproRestConnectorClient_v2.jar. The resulting script looks like this:

<START>

set ECLIPSE_JDK=<Your>\TeamConcert\jdk\bin
set ECLIPSE_JRE=%ECLIPSE_JDK%\..\jre\bin
set EXT_DIR=%ECLIPSE_JDK%\..\jre\lib\ext

set JAVA_CLIENT_JARS=<Your>\jpjc

"%ECLIPSE_JRE%\java" -classpath ".;reqproRestConnectorClient_v2.jar" -Djava.ext.dirs="%JAVA_CLIENT_JARS%";"%EXT_DIR%" com.ibm.uk.reqproconnector.ReqProConnector

<END>

Editing the properties file included in the distribution can still be done using the instructions in the article. For the synchronisation rule, there is a screenshot in the article which appears to be incorrect. The screenshot depicts a mapping between GUID and Key, which must be, according to the article, a mapping between key and key. Also note this key to key mapping needs to have the external identifier checkmarked, which does not appear to be done in the screenshot.

If the steps in the article are all performed, taking the adjustments mentioned here into account, a synchronisation can be fired. The output we're seeing reports succesful logins and communication between RequisitePro and RTC, showing updates and creation of requirements.

However, the requirements do not appear in RTC. The issue we're facing is a strange one. Going to the Synchronisation Rule, rightclicking for the context menu, and selecting 'Show Unsynchronised' reveals the following error for all requirements which should be synchronised:

Error occurred:

Save Work Item
Missing required license
An error response was received from the Jazz Team Server. Status=400. Message: CRJAZ1381I The user has a "Stakeholder" client access license assigned that would normally allow this operation, but the license expired on Mar 1, 2011 11:20 AM. You can install a permanent client access license to re-enable this operation.

The odd thing is, the user account which is being used to synchronise to RTC has floating Developer client access licenses. Stakeholder licenses are impossible to add when there is already a Developer license in use. Secondly, when trying to switch the account to a floating Stakeholder client access license instead of a developer license, running the synchronisation batch file will result in errors not being able to deliver the requirements to RTC.

I hope anyone out there has managed to get this working. I'd be very interested in seeing a solution for this issue.

permanent link
Steve Arnold (28131411) | answered Jun 15 '11, 11:47 a.m.
Hi

Can you try assigning the CQ Connector license to the user who is doing the synchronisation. I'm wondering whether that will do the trick.

Its very odd, because as you say the developer license should provide plenty of privileges.

Steve

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.