It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Extending for very formal reviews any suggestions?

Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | asked Mar 15 '10, 4:56 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

a customer would like to have a very formal and automated review mechanism. Basically they would like to prevent someone submitting additional changes that have not been reviewed and approved with an approved work item.

The rule would be: when a change set is submitted for review and the workitem has the approval it shall not be possible to attach new change sets without the approval set back to pending review.

I have looked into events and preconditions available. Does anyone have a clue if this is possible today or could be achieved using an extension?

Ralph

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Oct 22 '12, 11:19 a.m.
edited Oct 22 '12, 11:20 a.m.
Even with RTC 4.x, I think it is still necessary to create a custom Advisor for something like this.
Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

2 other answers

permanent link
Derrick Babb (1611) | answered May 13 '10, 4:37 p.m.
Did you make any progress on this? It is possible to stop people from linking a new change set to a closed work item using the "Restrict Associating To Closed Work Items." However, someone can easily reopen a closed work item. I am in the process of finding a way to make that restriction. Please let me know what you have found out and the approach taken. Thank you! -DTB

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered May 14 '10, 2:48 a.m.
Hi Derrick,

this work item has been created: http://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=114234.

No real progress so far. One thing that could be considered is to not allow to reopen a work item in your case. Maybe at least restrict who can do the state transition to specific roles in the Team Permissions? You could allow to trigger the transition out of that state only for a specific role.

I think my setup is a bit more complicated because the example workflow to be supported does have states that really are not closed. But it might be possible to rethink the workflow.

Keep me informed on your progress if you start programming, please.

Ralph

Did you make any progress on this? It is possible to stop people from linking a new change set to a closed work item using the "Restrict Associating To Closed Work Items." However, someone can easily reopen a closed work item. I am in the process of finding a way to make that restriction. Please let me know what you have found out and the approach taken. Thank you! -DTB

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.