It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

CQ Synctool error

Pravesh Patel (37612615) | asked Feb 01 '08, 4:15 p.m.
I'm trying to set up the CQ Connector. I'm trying to keep is simpile and just import 1 CQ record into Jazz. When running the synctool I get the following error:

Running SyncTool...

log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger (com.ibm.rational.interop.detail).
log4j:WARN Please initialize the log4j system properly.
Trying to login to http://localhost:9080/jazz ...
Successfully logged in.
com.ibm.team.interop.service.managers.clearquest.common.ERException: CQ Error - Reason:
Resource not found: cq.repo.cqms.jazz.bgm:CR/33554446@bgtrk/cq-record

at com.ibm.rational.connector.cq.common.cqgateway.CQInteropEventHandler.retrieveByType(CQInteropEventHandler.java:605)
at com.ibm.rational.connector.cq.common.cqgateway.CQGateway.retrieveByType(CQGateway.java:203)
at com.ibm.rational.connector.cq.synctools.SyncTool.getCQObjects(SyncTool.java:407)
at com.ibm.rational.connector.cq.synctools.SyncTool.synchronizeBySyncRule(SyncTool.java:264)
at com.ibm.rational.connector.cq.synctools.SyncTool.beginSync(SyncTool.java:244)
at com.ibm.rational.connector.cq.synctools.SyncTool.start(SyncTool.java:75)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:169)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:106)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:76)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:363)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:176)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:64)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:615)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:508)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:447)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1173)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1148)
Press any key to continue . . .

3355443 is the dbid associated with the CQ record in my query (I can see this by looking at the DB). I can see this record in the CQ client when I run the specified query using the CQ Client.

13 answers

permanent link
John Vasta (2.6k15) | answered Feb 01 '08, 5:37 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
The resource id "cq.repo.cqms.jazz.bgm:CR/33554446@bgtrk/cq-record" looks unusual. Check the value of the cq.dbSetDbName in the cqconnector.properties file. It should be in the form schema-repository-connection-name/user-db-name. That is, the first segment should be the name of the schema repository *connection* (as displayed in the ClearQuest Maintenance Tool) on the machine that the CQ gateway is running on. The second segment is the ClearQuest user database name.

John
Jazz ClearQuest Connector Team

I'm trying to set up the CQ Connector. I'm trying to keep is simpile and just import 1 CQ record into Jazz. When running the synctool I get the following error:

Running SyncTool...

log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger (com.ibm.rational.interop.detail).
Successfully logged in.
com.ibm.team.interop.service.managers.clearquest.common.ERException: CQ Error - Reason:
Resource not found: cq.repo.cqms.jazz.bgm:CR/33554446@bgtrk/cq-record

at com.ibm.rational.connector.cq.common.cqgateway.CQInteropEventHandler.retrieveByType(CQInteropEventHandler.java:605)
at com.ibm.rational.connector.cq.common.cqgateway.CQGateway.retrieveByType(CQGateway.java:203)
at com.ibm.rational.connector.cq.synctools.SyncTool.getCQObjects(SyncTool.java:407)
at com.ibm.rational.connector.cq.synctools.SyncTool.synchronizeBySyncRule(SyncTool.java:264)
at com.ibm.rational.connector.cq.synctools.SyncTool.beginSync(SyncTool.java:244)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:169)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:106)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:76)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:64)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

3355443 is the dbid associated with the CQ record in my query (I can see this by looking at the DB). I can see this record in the CQ client when I run the specified query using the CQ Client.

permanent link
Pravesh Patel (37612615) | answered Feb 01 '08, 6:07 p.m.
John,

Originally the schema repository connection name was "cqms.jazz.bgm". So I though the "."s in the name might be an issue.

I changed the schema repository connection name to simply "jazzCQ" in the following places:
1) cqconnector.properties file
2) CQ Maintenance Tool
3) Process Specficiation.

I deleted my connection in the CQ client and created a new connect and query. I bounced the gateway and re-ran the sync tool.

The good news is I don't get the error anymore, the bad news is I don't get new work items. The synctool shows the following:

Running SyncTool...
Successfully logged in.

No errors in the gateway. What did I miss?

permanent link
Pravesh Patel (37612615) | answered Feb 01 '08, 6:37 p.m.
I needed to re-create my sync rule. Once I did this, I get a different error.

Here is the error:

Running SyncTool...
Successfully logged in.
Not all properties were successfully updated.
Property error: filtering

at com.ibm.rational.connector.cq.common.cqgateway.CQInteropEventHandler.retrieveAsResourceList(CQInteropEventHandler.java:688)
at com.ibm.rational.connector.cq.common.cqgateway.CQInteropEventHandler.retrieveByType(CQInteropEventHandler.java:598)

Here is the sync rule:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<syncRule>
<name>com.ibm.clearquest.WBI.CR</name>
<externalTypeName>com.ibm.rational.clearquest.jazzCQ.CR</externalTypeName>
<syncItemTypeName>WorkItem</syncItemTypeName>
<syncItemTypeNsURI>com.ibm.team.workitem</syncItemTypeNsURI>
<itemManager>com.ibm.team.interop.service.managers.workitem.WorkItemManager</itemManager>
<externalManager>com.ibm.team.interop.service.managers.clearquest.CQExternalManager</externalManager>
<maxCycleCount>1</maxCycleCount>
<syncAllItemStates>false</syncAllItemStates>
<propertyMappings>
<propertyMapping>
<externalPropertyName>Headline</externalPropertyName>
<itemPropertyName>Summary</itemPropertyName>
<incoming>true</incoming>
<outgoing>false</outgoing>
<itemIdentifier>false</itemIdentifier>
<externalIdentifier>false</externalIdentifier>
<externalModifier>false</externalModifier>
<requiredItemProperties></requiredItemProperties>
<requiredExternalProperties></requiredExternalProperties>
</propertyMapping>
<propertyMapping>
<externalPropertyName></externalPropertyName>
<itemPropertyName>Category</itemPropertyName>
<transformExtension>com.ibm.team.interop.service.managers.workitem.CategoryValueTransformer</transformExtension>
<valueMappings>
<valueMapping>
<externalValue></externalValue>
<itemValue>FEAT</itemValue>
<defaultExternalValue>false</defaultExternalValue>
<defaultItemValue>true</defaultItemValue>
</valueMapping>
</valueMappings>
</propertyMapping>
</propertyMappings>
</syncRule>

permanent link
John Vasta (2.6k15) | answered Feb 03 '08, 9:33 a.m.
You didn't need to re-create the sync rule, just correct the CQ schema repository name in the "External type" attribute (i.e. change "cqms.jazz.bgm" to "jazzCQ").

I don't know what the "Property error: filtering" message means; we're looking into it. But I see that your sync rule does not specify any outgoing synchronization of any CQ record fields. There are two property mappings, and neither of them are flagged for outgoing synchronization. So the sync rule will attempt to create a CQ record but not set any fields at all. You need to at least arrange for any required fields to be set to some value. In your mapping for Summary->Headline, if you enable outgoing synchronization, then the CQ Headline field will be set from the work item Summary property.

Also, your mapping for Category is not going to work. The fact that the CQ field name is empty may be the source of the problem. It looks like you're attempting to just hard-wire it to always be "FEAT", but there's no way to do that. A work item category can either be connected to a corresponding CQ record, or it can be mapped from the value of a string-valued field. See the wiki page

https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/ConnectorItemCategoryMapping

for the details. Do you have either a record type that could correspond to a category, or a field in some record type whose value can be taken as the name of a category?

John

I needed to re-create my sync rule. Once I did this, I get a different error.

Here is the error:

Running SyncTool...
Successfully logged in.

at com.ibm.rational.connector.cq.common.cqgateway.CQInteropEventHandler.retrieveAsResourceList(CQInteropEventHandler.java:688)
at com.ibm.rational.connector.cq.common.cqgateway.CQInteropEventHandler.retrieveByType(CQInteropEventHandler.java:598)

Here is the sync rule:

<syncRule>
<itemManager>com.ibm.team.interop.service.managers.workitem.WorkItemManager</itemManager>
<externalManager>com.ibm.team.interop.service.managers.clearquest.CQExternalManager</externalManager>
<propertyMappings>
<propertyMapping>
</propertyMapping>
<propertyMapping>
<externalPropertyName></externalPropertyName>
<transformExtension>com.ibm.team.interop.service.managers.workitem.CategoryValueTransformer</transformExtension>
<valueMappings>
<valueMapping>
<externalValue></externalValue>
<itemValue>FEAT</itemValue>
<defaultExternalValue>false</defaultExternalValue>
<defaultItemValue>true</defaultItemValue>
</valueMapping>
</valueMappings>
</propertyMapping>
</propertyMappings>
</syncRule>

permanent link
Pravesh Patel (37612615) | answered Feb 04 '08, 10:39 a.m.
John, Thanks for the response.

Initially I'm trying to set up only inbound sync (CQ -> Jazz). I thought that only selecting "Synchronize in" would not cause the following to happen: "So the sync rule will attempt to create a CQ record but not set any fields at all." Did I miss something?

With regards to the Category field, can I use the CategoryValueTransformer and create explicit value mappings which maps Item Value "A" to External Value "B"? If so, that would work for me. I have a field called RelatedPart which is has a 1-to-1 relationship with my Jazz Categories, but does not have the exact same name value.

I have some concerns/questions with regard to how to handle custom schemas with entensive conditional field level validatation in CQ, however I'd like to get inbound working first. Thanks for you help thus far!

permanent link
Lorelei Ngooi (1.5k22) | answered Feb 04 '08, 10:46 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Pravesh,

I renamed my schema repository connection name to one using the dot notation (from sample_schema_repo to sample.schema.repo) and made the appropriate changes to the sync rules, cqconnector.properties, and process spec to try to reproduce the resource-not-found problem. Unfortunately, the sync tool successfully synched the objects.

Then I stripped out all the fields in my defect sync rule to just have a headline field and a project field, similar to your sync rule. Ran the sync tool and got the same resource-not-found problem. This problem is due to using the dbid field as the CQ stateful record identifier instead of the id field. We will have a fix for this. In the meantime, there is a workaround for this problem. In the sync rule, add a property mapping for the id field (replicate-only). This is the snippet you would need to add:

<propertyMapping>
<externalPropertyName>id</externalPropertyName>
<itemPropertyName></itemPropertyName>
<incoming>false</incoming>
<externalIdentifier>true</externalIdentifier>
</propertyMapping>

Lorelei
Jazz CQ Connector team

permanent link
Lorelei Ngooi (1.5k22) | answered Feb 04 '08, 11:09 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
The CategoryValueTransformer wasn't designed to use value mappings. Sounds like you can use the RelatedPart field to map to a Jazz category, but it would have to be an exact match to the category name. If that field is a String field, then here's the snippet to add to your sync rule:

<propertyMapping> <externalPropertyName>RelatedPart</externalPropertyName>
</propertyMapping>

Lorelei

permanent link
Pravesh Patel (37612615) | answered Feb 04 '08, 11:40 a.m.
Loreli,

I added your snippet for the dbid/id workaround. Additionally, to rule out the Category mapping as the culprit, I did the following:

1) refined the CQ query to return only 1 record whose values are as follows:
id = "bgtrk00000011"
Headline = "TEst"
RelatedPart = "Test part"

2) created a new Category in Jazz named "Test part".

I still get the following error:

Running SyncTool...
Successfully logged in.

Here is my sync rule after the update:

<syncRule>
<propertyMappings>
<propertyMapping>
<externalPropertyName>id</externalPropertyName>
<itemPropertyName></itemPropertyName>
<incoming>false</incoming>
<externalIdentifier>true</externalIdentifier>
</propertyMapping>
<propertyMapping>
<externalPropertyName>RelatedPart</externalPropertyName>
</propertyMapping>
<propertyMapping>
</propertyMapping>
</propertyMappings>
</syncRule>

Any thoughts?

permanent link
John Vasta (2.6k15) | answered Feb 04 '08, 12:05 p.m.
Pravesh,

In answer to your question:

Initially I'm trying to set up only inbound sync (CQ -> Jazz). I thought that only selecting "Synchronize in" would not cause the following to happen: "So the sync rule will attempt to create a CQ record but not set any fields at all." Did I miss something?

that's fine, I just wanted to make sure you realized that you were in a state where no work item changes would flow back to CQ.

As Lorelei said, we can only support a mapping from a string-valued CQ field to a work item category by exact name matching. What is your motivation for wanting to do otherwise? Seems like it might be confusing to have to remember things like "Related Part 'A' in CQ corresponds to category 'B' in Jazz". Just trying to understand your use case, to determine if we should be able to support such mappings.

John
Jazz CQ Connector Team

permanent link
Pravesh Patel (37612615) | answered Feb 04 '08, 12:20 p.m.
John,

I think having changes flowing from Jazz to CQ is going to take significant effort. We have several custom schemas including ODC, JMystic,etc.. most of these schemas have complex conditional validation rules. Besides the Work Item customization, these validation rules need to be replicated in Jazz to avoid tons of validation errors during replication. I'm not sure how robust the validation rules are in Jazz or if this an even be supported currently. Thoughts?

Our CQ db is used by a number of components including some legacy components, so the names are more verbose than required to avoid naming conflicts. I'd like to keep it simpler in Jazz, hence the name mis-match. I supposed I could rename the Jazz categories eventually. Regardless, it's still not working, even with 1 matching category (see previous post).

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.