It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

"Reinitializing" RTC 3.0 on same server

Mike Johnson (28624221) | asked Jan 27 '11, 10:38 a.m.
We recently piloted RTC 3.0 on one of our servers, using MS SQL Server as the DB. Now that we are in the midst of actually purchasing RTC, I'm thinking about moving to the DB2 edition that we get a license of when we purchase the Developer for Workgroups licenses. I'm not worried about keeping the data we already built up during our pilot; that's all throw-away. So I'd like to basically "start fresh" on the same server. Do you recommend that we uninstall and reinstall the JTS/CCM components, or is there a way to modify a particular config file to make it look like it's a new install, thereby walking us through the setup again (e.g. for connecting to the new DB2 database instance?)

Thanks in advance,
Mike Johnson

3 answers

permanent link
Robin Parker (32633739) | answered Jan 27 '11, 11:47 a.m.
Hi Mike,

Without looking it up, I think you can just :

create 2 new databases in db2 - 1 for ccm, one for jts
    update your server/conf/{jts,ccm}/teamserver.properties files to point to the new databases
    run repotools-jazz createTables and repotools-jts createTables

HTH,

Robin

permanent link
Robin Parker (32633739) | answered Jan 27 '11, 11:55 a.m.
Hmmm, I'm talking myself out of that now... ;o)

... your JTS db and your tomcat-users.xml file will end up being out of sync.

You'll either have to manufacture a new tomcat-users.xml file or keep the JTS database.

I have a couple of theories on how it could be done but it's probably easier to reinstall to be honest...

R

permanent link
Rob Olsen (3512153) | answered Jan 27 '11, 2:11 p.m.
So I have somewaht of a similar situation and tried re-installing RTC 3.0 on another server and then bring the datbase over, but I cannot get "ccm" to register on the new server. I loaded RTC 3.0 once and there was problems, so I uninstalled using Installation Manager. I then reinstalled RTC 3.0 and ran setup but ran in to problems when it came to registering "ccm" ... basically it says that there are no new apps to register and would not do it. (I deleted the .../JazzTeamServer directory prior to reloading). When I start up RTC "ccm" is not registered and fails and says I need to run setup to register. Thus, I am stuck. Any ideas how to completely uninstall RTC 3.0 totally so I can get a completely new install that allows me to register "ccm"?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.