It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is there any pre/post-condition performance tips?

Jia Jia Li (8057152192) | asked Dec 16 '15, 4:56 a.m.
We may want to implement the post-condition for work item changes(create/modify/change status) to send message to another system when work item updates. I know the work item updates event frequency may be large according to the usage, if I really implement my customized post-condition for all work item updates to transfer message to another system, is there any performance tips need to pay attention? Thanks very much!

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Dec 16 '15, 5:47 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
There is only so much processing power available. There is no free lunch. Operational behavior usually checks if it has to run and tries to exit as fast as possible with as few work as possible.

If it is in the UI thread the user will have to wait or you run it in a background job. Or you decide to go for a notifier task, if the response does not have to be immediate. In any way, the task will have an impact on the system load, based on the amount of work that needs to be done.
Jia Jia Li selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.