It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Modify Test Suite so it defaults to sequential execution

Timothy McKemy (1082317) | asked Jan 26 '11, 4:22 p.m.
I'm am trying to modify the underlying test suite xml so that the execution defaults to sequential when a new suite is created. I would like to do this permanently, so all new suites are created with sequential set. I know I can change the value of sequentialExecution to true, but where do I find the suite xml file and how do I tell RQM to use it instead of the default?

2 answers

permanent link
Kurtis Martin (1.4k11) | answered Jan 26 '11, 11:18 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I assume you are talking about creating suites via the REST API not the UI. In which case, there isn't really a default test suite xml file. Instead this is being set in the RQM java code that deals with processing the POSTed XML into Java objects. Without changing these classes I don't think you can accomplish what you're asking. However what you are asking seems reasonable since the UI defaults to sequential you would think the REST API should do the same. Not sure why setting sequentialExecution=true is bothersome for you, but consider opening an enhancement request.

permanent link
Timothy McKemy (1082317) | answered Jan 27 '11, 11:22 a.m.
Yes, I am creating the suites via the REST API. The reason it is important is that there are literally hundreds of test suites being created and manually changing them via the UI is tedious at best.

I wrote a Perl script to download the xml file, modify it to set sequential true, and then upload it. This works fine, but I was hoping there was a way to set this at creation.

Thanks for getting back to me, I appreciate the response.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.