It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Contributor Dashboard templates missing in Process Config

Mauricio Silclir (9184) | asked Jan 25 '11, 4:51 p.m.
Hi,
I'm working on customizing dashboards templates so they come with a default set of viewlets.
We've migrated from RTC 2.0 to 3.0, migrating our previous processes as well. But after doing that, the Process Configuration tab (under Project Area -> Process Configuration -> Project Configuration -> Configuration Data -> Dashboards -> Dashboard Templates) stopped showing the contributors entry. It only shows templates for team and project.
However, looking at the process configuration source (XML) I could actually find the entry for contributors templates: it just doesn't appear in the GUI, as shown in the image in http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v3r0/topic/com.ibm.jazz.dashboard.doc/topics/t_config_dashboard_templates.html (${scope}'s ${dashboard})

I reviewed the Help documentation, but didn't find anything related to this.
Any thoughts, tips, workaround or links to review will be welcomed. Thanks in advance!

Mauricio

4 answers

permanent link
Adam Archer (83639) | answered Feb 01 '11, 5:58 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Mauricio,

In 3.0 personal dashboards were moved from the individual products to the JTS. This allows your personal dashboard to be centralized and, therefore, consistent across all applications in your cluster. The downside to this is that they are no longer governed by any given process, so there is no way to define personal dashboard templates in 3.0.

In the future, we hope to add template customization directly into the web ui.

Adam Archer
Jazz Web UI Developer

permanent link
diego santos (3611) | answered Mar 28 '11, 8:44 p.m.
Hi Adam,

You could tell me where to locate the file that is setting the viewlets personal server? we need to create a dashboard standardized for all employees (97) of a particular project in RTC 3.0 and this work will derail our migration project for the RTC 3 0 here in the company.

Already grateful for the help.

permanent link
Adam Archer (83639) | answered Mar 29 '11, 12:57 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Unfortunately, as I said above, this is no longer supported for 3.0. If you feel strongly that we should add it in the future, please comment on the following work item:

https://jazz.net/jazz/resource/itemName/com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem/63750

As a workaround for now you could template your project/team dashboards in RTC by using the process configuration and use those as a shared space for your developers.

permanent link
diego santos (3611) | answered Mar 29 '11, 5:11 p.m.
Hi Adam,

Thanks for your response, however our quality manager aborted the possibility of using the dashboard of the team and unfortunately we will set the dashboard for all users. Sorry if I insist on another solution, but already signed up about 20 users for each of the 97 and there are dashboard with 15 viewlet and the work is huge and very tiring.

Thanks again for the return.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.