It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC 3.0 and support for ESX > v3.5

Andy Rutherford (21128) | asked Jan 23 '11, 9:29 p.m.
Good morning,

I have a customer who wants to install RAM 7.5 + RTC 3.0 (and Doors 9.2) into ESX 4.1. The question I had is would this be supported?

I saw in the RAM 7.5 detailed system requirements that 4.0 is supported, but RTC 3.0 states only version 3.5 is supported (likewise with Doors). But do the support statements mean "version x and later" or "version x only".

thanks
Andy

One answer

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k9180136) | answered Jan 24 '11, 5:39 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Good morning,

I have a customer who wants to install RAM 7.5 + RTC 3.0 (and Doors 9.2) into ESX 4.1. The question I had is would this be supported?

I saw in the RAM 7.5 detailed system requirements that 4.0 is supported, but RTC 3.0 states only version 3.5 is supported (likewise with Doors). But do the support statements mean "version x and later" or "version x only".

thanks
Andy

Hi Andy

I have always understood that "supported" means that we test on that specific version or set of versions - not later versions. In practice, this means that if you do hit a problem with the other (later) versions - tech support would want to see if the problem exists on the officially supported versions too before spending a lot of time on this.

I am not aware of any specific functions in RTC (or DOORS/RAM/etc) that take advantage of the underlying vm - so the actual vm version (especially more recent versions than ones on the list) are unlikely to cause any problem.

Let's see if anyone has actually experienced problems on these environments and replies here. It might also be a good idea to check for work items on ESX 4.1 (for RTC) and with support for potential DOORS issues.

anthony

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.