It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Attribute changes as a result of a state change

Susan Hanson (1.6k2201194) | asked Jan 21 '11, 1:49 p.m.
Is there a way to configure the process configuration/workflows such that if a work item transitions from State "A" to State "B" (for example, Canceled to New as a result of the "Reopen" action, that certain values for attributes can be set to a value? I know we can set a default value for attributes, but if an attribute has be set and needs to be "unset" for example?

Thanks,
Susan

4 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Jan 24 '11, 3:40 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Susan,

there is an "Implied Attributes" operational behavior on saving work items available that might help solving some requirements. It can be configured to set/clear attributes for certain changes. Only "Unassign on Team Area Change", "Assign on Resolve" and "Assign on Start Working" are available as far as I can see.

I could not locate anything else. Maybe someone else has another idea? It is certainly possible to create a server extension if you require more.

This might also be a good candidate for a desirable product feature.

Thanks,

Ralph

Is there a way to configure the process configuration/workflows such that if a work item transitions from State "A" to State "B" (for example, Canceled to New as a result of the "Reopen" action, that certain values for attributes can be set to a value? I know we can set a default value for attributes, but if an attribute has be set and needs to be "unset" for example?

Thanks,
Susan

permanent link
Sunita Dinakar (11413742) | answered Feb 04 '11, 5:55 a.m.
Hi Ralph,

Could you please help on how we could achieve the same by creating a server extension.

Regards,
Sunita

Hi Susan,

there is an "Implied Attributes" operational behavior on saving work items available that might help solving some requirements. It can be configured to set/clear attributes for certain changes. Only "Unassign on Team Area Change", "Assign on Resolve" and "Assign on Start Working" are available as far as I can see.

I could not locate anything else. Maybe someone else has another idea? It is certainly possible to create a server extension if you require more.

Thanks,

Ralph

Thanks,
Susan

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Feb 04 '11, 6:06 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

I would start here http://jazz.net/library/article/477 and search the WiKi, the SDK and the Extending RTC Forum for additional pointers.

Thanks,

Ralph

Hi Ralph,

Could you please help on how we could achieve the same by creating a server extension.

Regards,
Sunita

Hi Susan,

Thanks,

Ralph

Thanks,
Susan

permanent link
Yaron Norani (47267065) | answered Aug 13 '15, 3:54 a.m.

Hi,

This is a quite old quetion. Is there any update of how to implement this using "Implied Attributes" operational behavior or other way?

Thanks,

Yaron

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.