It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Execution Status using TER Count

Cesar Sasaki (511289129) | asked Jan 19 '11, 12:59 p.m.
Hi
i have a test plan with 3 test cases. And if i run this report and havent made any execution it supposed to show like " 3 test cases NOT RUN" but it dosent!.

The only way to show that is by creating a test suite with those!.

Also Iterations work on RQM?

7 answers

permanent link
Kurtis Martin (1.4k11) | answered Jan 19 '11, 6:09 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Most of the execution reports are based on TERs. When you added the 3 test cases to the plan, TERs were not automatically created for you. That's why the report was empty. In the "Test Case" section of the Test Plan, just above the list of test cases, there's a button that says "Generate New Test Execution Records". That's a short cut for mass generating TERs for the current plan.

So you didn't really need to add the test cases to a test suite. However, in RQM 2.0.x, adding test cases to a suite automatically create Test Execution Records. So this side effect when adding cases to a suite is what made this work for you.

permanent link
Cesar Sasaki (511289129) | answered Jan 19 '11, 7:32 p.m.
I See, Thanks Kurtis!.

There is anyway that i do not had to include the enviroment?

permanent link
Kurtis Martin (1.4k11) | answered Jan 20 '11, 11:03 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
If you create the Execution Record from scratch then you can leave the environment plan (Construction->Create Test Execution Record). But the Generate Test Execution Record wizard will always force you to select a test environment. I believe that was done intentionally to promote the use test environments as part of planning. If you really don't care about environments at this point, you can always create an empty test environment via Lab Management menu and just reuse that when using the Generate TER wizard.

permanent link
Una Ramsay (1101918) | answered May 16 '11, 8:46 a.m.
This is very useful

Is there a way to delete TERs or remove them from a test plan? e.g.

already have two test exec results for the 31 tests in a test plan

realise the out of the box reports are not useful without generating expected results for all tests

end up with 31 (newly generated) and 2 (already logged) test exec results

Thanks

permanent link
Kurtis Martin (1.4k11) | answered May 18 '11, 11:49 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
You can deleted individual test case results from the Execution->View Test Case Results page. Just select the result you wish to delete and click the delete icon above the table. Similar, you can also delete individual TERs via the Execution->View Test Execution Records page. If you delete a TER all of it's results will also be deleted.

Also, if you don't see a delete icon above these tables, then you don't have permissions to perform these actions. Your RQM project admin will need to modify your user role to include permissions for the "archive" actions for Execution Results and TERs.

permanent link
Phil Rumble (6196) | answered Jun 21 '11, 2:35 a.m.
Does anyone know if it is possible to use the Execution Status using TER Count report with master/child testplans?

I have tried it and it only reports on the parent testplan and not any of the children unless explicitly set to do so.

If this cannot be achieved using the report, does anyone know how I can achieve this functionality?

thanks in Advance

Rumble

permanent link
Peter Haumer (2.2k12019) | answered Jun 21 '11, 5:47 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
On 6/20/2011 11:38 PM, rumble wrote:
Does anyone know if it is possible to use the Execution Status using
TER Count report with master/child testplans?

I have tried it and it only reports on the parent testplan and not any
of the children unless explicitly set to do so.

If this cannot be achieved using the report, does anyone know how I
can achieve this functionality?

thanks in Advance

Rumble

Hello.
The current Cognos report only filters on the selected Test Plans. To
automatically include the Child Plan you need to remove the filter from
the Final query. Create a new query instead that applies this filter and
uses the "Test Plan Related Test Plans" query subject to get to the
children. Then use that query in new joins with the report's other queries.

It is a bit of work and requires analyzing how each query in this report
works, but it should be doable.

Hope this helps and best regards,
Peter.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.