It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC truncates EGL code

Ricardo Dias (86105) | asked Jan 11 '11, 11:06 a.m.
Hi guys,

When migrating from Visual Age to EGL the code imported to Rational Team Concert seems to be truncated. Names containing this symbol ( - ) gets truncated.
In example a function called EXAMPLE-CODE gets truncated to EXAMPLE only and when I download it, the code comes with errors.
Do we have any incompatibility or known issue regarding this symbol or EGL code?

Thanks,
Ricardo

2 answers

permanent link
Ricardo Dias (86105) | answered Jan 18 '11, 9:56 a.m.
I know that for java codes, it is not valid to use the sign '-' since we cannot have a class named valid-class().

For languages that use '-' as a valid character how would Rational team Concert behave? Would it recognize it or would it just ignore and truncate the name?

permanent link
Ricardo Dias (86105) | answered Jan 27 '11, 8:49 a.m.
I know that for java codes, it is not valid to use the sign '-' since we cannot have a class named valid-class().

For languages that use '-' as a valid character how would Rational team Concert behave? Would it recognize it or would it just ignore and truncate the name?

Hi Guys, any updates on this?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.