It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Working with "plan modes" on RTC 3.0

Claudia Callegari (44439771) | asked Jan 04 '11, 4:50 p.m.
Hi,
I noticed that the Formal Project Mgmt template does not have a configured plan mode to show the "taskboard" group by owner... or I did not find it :-)

So what I did was to use the "copy" option under the "View As" pane within a plan, and created my "Developer's Taskboard" plan mode... Basically it is setup as:
style=taskboard
grouping=owner
sorting=priority
no filter
bars=progress(hours)

After saving this, I noticed a new plan mode named "Developer's Taskboard" on the Process Configuration (Planning>>Plan Modes), but:
1) The new plan mode is not available for selection for any plan type
2) The new plan mode is lost if I create a process template derived from the configured project area

So...
a) Can I create new plan modes and make them available for future proc templates?
b) Can I modify existing plan modes to fit my needs? (ie the default Taskboard to change the grouping)

Thanks,
--Claudia Callegari

One answer

permanent link
Claudia Callegari (44439771) | answered Jan 14 '11, 9:33 a.m.
I believe I found it BY myself... I should have used the "promote" icon for the specific plan mode to make it available for the plan types. AND associate the new plan mode with at least one plan type to keep this in the derived process template.
Posting this here in case anybody else needs to do the same.

Hope this helps,
--Claudia Callegari

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.