It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

can't display workitems in rtc2 web ui

Gerald Strobl (2154) | asked Jul 10 '09, 9:10 a.m.
RTC 2.0/Web-UI

When I try to view or add a workitem, I get the message

Error fetching or storing Work Item 67 | Details: Error opening work item. assertion failed:

This happens in the Web-UI not in the eclipe-client.

thanks for help
gerald strobl

2 answers

permanent link
Gerald Strobl (2154) | answered Jul 13 '09, 3:35 a.m.
RTC 2.0/Web-UI

When I try to view or add a workitem, I get the message

Error fetching or storing Work Item 67 | Details: Error opening work item. assertion failed:

This happens in the Web-UI not in the eclipe-client.

thanks for help
gerald strobl

I fixed it by reinstalling the server. The error was reased by an ajax component.

cheers Gerald

permanent link
Ulf Buchner (3182213) | answered Jun 02 '10, 10:21 a.m.
hi Gerald,

What do you mean with "reinstalling the server"? The jazz.war file?

We encounter the same problem in the WebUI. This happens when the work item contains a link to another work item. In the Eclipse client we can open the work item. When we click on the link to the other work item however (which RTC tries to open in a browser window) we get an assertion failed error.

Thanks, Ulf

Edit: correction, we cannot open any Work Item in the Web UI. The Eclipse client works fine.

Edit2: a search over open work items in the Jazz team repository once again provided the solution. The Public URI root was set to the host name of the Jazz server. This should be the complete URL to the server, i.e. https://xxx:9443/jazz.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.