It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to solve a build engine connection problem?

Carlos Isacovich (59114) | asked May 22 '17, 2:35 p.m.

We are working with JTS/RTC 6.0.2, running in a Windows 2012 R2 server, under WAS with DB2 databases.

We installed Rational Build System 6.0.2 in a Windows 7 Pro, SP1 machine.

We copied the jdk virtual machine to the buildsystem\buildengine\eclipse folder and we started the Jazz Build Agent with the following command:

jbe -vm jdk\bin\java -repository https://10.107.42.33:9443/ccm -userId xxx -pass xxx -engineId Motor_TutoriaBM_VS2013   (this build engine was actually defined in the TutoriaBM project area)

The build engine starts, but each time it try to communicate with the server, we get the following message:

2017-05-22 13:29:3 [jazz build engine] There was an exception in the build loop: CRJAZ2940E This server addres is invalid: (https://10.107.42.33:9443/ccm)

(I translated the message, so may be little differences with the English version)

Nevertheless, the same string connection works fine when used in the Eclipse, VS or Web clients.

¿Any suggestion?

Comments
Donald Nong commented May 22 '17, 11:41 p.m.

Are you by any chance using a proxy?

Lakshmi Narasimhan T V commented May 23 '17, 12:57 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Did you copy the command line from the help documentation on to the console? I have earlier seen instances where some extraneous characters got copied on to the console and jbe had trouble parsing the content.

Ralph Schoon commented May 23 '17, 2:18 a.m. | edited May 23 '17, 2:19 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

You must not use an IP address to talk to an RTC server. You must use the public URI of said server.  

Carlos Isacovich commented May 23 '17, 9:20 a.m.

Hi all

Thanks for the answers!
 Some explanations::
1. Really, I tested the command with the URI and the IP, with the same results. Moreover: I copied the string and used it in a SCM command line, and it works OK.
2. There are no strange character. I copied the string and use it in the other clients and it works.
3. I think that there is no proxy, but I'll check it with network administrators.
Rgds

Ralph Schoon commented May 23 '17, 9:39 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Carlos, it is just dangerous to use the IP's instead of the full qualified domain name with CLM.

If you run the build engine it creates a workspace folder (named .metadata) You can provide a different one with -Data, but typically it is a subfolder of the \buildsystem\buildengine\eclipse folder. That folder should have a log, if there is no data in the build log. Maybe that is telling also \buildsystem\buildengine\eclipse\configuration could be of interest and contain some info. I think it contains information collected before the workspace is open.

Finally support might be a faster way to get on track.

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.