It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC JAZZ SANDBOX

Ken Creager (6542220) | asked Jan 03 '11, 8:23 p.m.
i'm trying to use the sandbox, but it won't let me add any users.... I really need to add a user or two, too see how things work and to show it to people that pay the bills to buys these things. Anyway know how to get some extra users set up in my project?

thanks

Ken

4 answers

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k9180136) | answered Jan 04 '11, 6:22 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
i'm trying to use the sandbox, but it won't let me add any users.... I really need to add a user or two, too see how things work and to show it to people that pay the bills to buys these things. Anyway know how to get some extra users set up in my project?

thanks

Ken

Hi Ken

The sandbox is for single users only (I tried to connect more users but Sandbox users don't have admin rights on the project to do this).

However, if you grab the server from the downloads page, it is very easy to set up a simple server on Tomcat and Derby on your own machine (I run one on my laptop all the time) and add other users.

RTC download is here:

https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-team-concert/releases/3.0

If you need any help setting this up - this forum is a good place to ask questions.

regards

anthony

permanent link
Ken Creager (6542220) | answered Jan 06 '11, 9:11 p.m.

thanks

Ken

Hi Ken

The sandbox is for single users only (I tried to connect more users but Sandbox users don't have admin rights on the project to do this).

However, if you grab the server from the downloads page, it is very easy to set up a simple server on Tomcat and Derby on your own machine (I run one on my laptop all the time) and add other users.

RTC download is here:

https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-team-concert/releases/3.0

If you need any help setting this up - this forum is a good place to ask questions.

regards

anthony

I did try a local install on my laptop, but I'm running Vista and couldn't get the "server" to start?? Then I saw supported platforms for the "server" do no include Vista. Any ideas?

thanks

Ken

permanent link
Ken Creager (6542220) | answered Jan 06 '11, 9:16 p.m.
anyone got RTC to run on Vista home edition?

thanks

Ken

permanent link
Robin Parker (32633739) | answered Jan 07 '11, 6:09 a.m.
Something you might try - I had a similar problem running it on windows 7. From Vista onwards they've done something 'funny' with Program Files which breaks things.

From memory - this was last year sometime - if you install into C:\Program Files_IBM\... instead of C:\Program Files\IBM\... it all works flawlessly.

Worth a try anyway.

Robin

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.