It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Error creating tables with DB2

Susan Hanson (1.6k2201194) | asked Dec 29 '10, 11:35 a.m.
I am installing RTC 3.0 with DB2. I have created the two tables (JTS and CCM) and have modified the teamserver.properties file. When I run repotools-jts -createTables -clean I get an error. It seems to get the connection since I get
CRJAZ1364I The connection to the following database was successful:
Db Product Name: DB2/NT
Db product Version: SQL09070

Then it says "Creating the tables for the database "//localHost:50000/JTS:user=xxxxxxxx;password=xxxxxxxx;" with indices

Then
Insufficient autthority needed to test case sensitivity of the database
The database tables were not created.

I'm not sure what this means ... can someone help? I provided the DB2ADMIN userid/password in the teamserver.properties file, and it would seem that it can properly make the connection.

Thanks in Advance.

3 answers

permanent link
Susan Hanson (1.6k2201194) | answered Dec 29 '10, 3:45 p.m.
I am installing RTC 3.0 with DB2. I have created the two tables (JTS and CCM) and have modified the teamserver.properties file. When I run repotools-jts -createTables -clean I get an error. It seems to get the connection since I get

Then it says "Creating the tables for the database "//localHost:50000/JTS:user=xxxxxxxx;password=xxxxxxxx;" with indices

Then

I'm not sure what this means ... can someone help? I provided the DB2ADMIN userid/password in the teamserver.properties file, and it would seem that it can properly make the connection.

Thanks in Advance.

I dropped and recreated the databases, and it works now. I think I had created them not as DB2ADMIN.

Susan

permanent link
LiJia Chen (11) | answered Jul 11 '11, 10:20 a.m.

Then

Thanks in Advance.

I dropped and recreated the databases, and it works now. I think I had created them not as DB2ADMIN.

Susan

Thanks for the post. I met the same issue and solved it via creating table with user db2admin. Thanks.

permanent link
Manoj Panda (39336662) | answered Nov 18 '11, 2:11 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
dont forget to follow the steps when you create the table.

db2 connect to <database>
db2 grant dbadm on database to user <user>
db2 disconnect <database>

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.