It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Install Issues on Ubuntu

John Butorac (262) | asked Dec 29 '10, 1:25 a.m.
Since I have been unable to find a similar post, I assume that I have made a basic mistake and at this point I am missing the obvious. I have the latest version of Ubuntu and am trying to install RTC 3.0. When I execute launchpad.sh, the browser page appears and I click the link for "Jazz Team Server and CCM Application", I get the following message:

/bin/bash: /opt/RTC-Web-Installer-Linux-3.0/im/linux.gtk/x86/install: No such file or directory

What am I missing?

5 answers

permanent link
John Butorac (262) | answered Dec 29 '10, 1:32 a.m.
And yes, the file does exist with full rights.

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k9180136) | answered Dec 30 '10, 1:08 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi John

Did you try running the installation manager using sudo?

anthony

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k9180136) | answered Dec 31 '10, 3:51 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi John

anthony

Hi john

I think I found the problem - and a solution.

At this stage of the install - the Installation Manager is trying to install itself (and update itself).

Change to the directory /opt/RTC-Web-Installer-Linux-3.0/im/linux.gtk/x86/install, check that install has r-x access rights, then type:

sudo ./install

This installed the Installation Manager without any problems, and then launched itself. I selected Install - and it prompted for my jazz.net login/password. It showed me the 3.0 installs - and I started by installing the Jazz Team Server and CCM application only. I recommend you also selecting the licenses too but I forgot to do this.

This JTS/CCM has just completed successfully. Next step for me is to run the setup - after I have installed the licenses.

Hope that helps...

Happy New Year to all

anthony

permanent link
John Butorac (262) | answered Jan 02 '11, 2:25 a.m.

Hi John

anthony

Hi john

I think I found the problem - and a solution.

At this stage of the install - the Installation Manager is trying to install itself (and update itself).

Change to the directory /opt/RTC-Web-Installer-Linux-3.0/im/linux.gtk/x86/install, check that install has r-x access rights, then type:

sudo ./install

This installed the Installation Manager without any problems, and then launched itself. I selected Install - and it prompted for my jazz.net login/password. It showed me the 3.0 installs - and I started by installing the Jazz Team Server and CCM application only. I recommend you also selecting the licenses too but I forgot to do this.

This JTS/CCM has just completed successfully. Next step for me is to run the setup - after I have installed the licenses.

Hope that helps...

Happy New Year to all

anthony

I appreciate the feedback, but unfortunately it still returns the same error:

jbutorac@jbutorac-virtual-machine:/opt/RTC-Web-Installer-Linux-3.0/im/linux.gtk.x86$ pwd
/opt/RTC-Web-Installer-Linux-3.0/im/linux.gtk.x86
jbutorac@jbutorac-virtual-machine:/opt/RTC-Web-Installer-Linux-3.0/im/linux.gtk.x86$ ls -l install
-rwxrwxrwx 1 jbutorac jbutorac 63005 2010-05-09 10:46 install
jbutorac@jbutorac-virtual-machine:/opt/RTC-Web-Installer-Linux-3.0/im/linux.gtk.x86$ sudo ./install
password for jbutorac:
sudo: unable to execute ./install: No such file or directory
jbutorac@jbutorac-virtual-machine:/opt/RTC-Web-Installer-Linux-3.0/im/linux.gtk.x86$ set -vx
jbutorac@jbutorac-virtual-machine:/opt/RTC-Web-Installer-Linux-3.0/im/linux.gtk.x86$ sudo ./install
sudo ./install
+ sudo ./install
sudo: unable to execute ./install: No such file or directory

This must be a basic issue...

permanent link
Drew Connelly (611) | answered Jan 02 '11, 2:33 p.m.
Are you running a 64-bit version of Ubuntu? I had the same exact problem running 64-bit 10.10 and following the advice on this post solved the problem for me:

http://ubuntuforums.org/archive/index.php/t-422767.html

Note that I had to install both the lsb-core and ia32-libs.

-Drew

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.