It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC 4.0.4 zOS scm cli using lscm - when normal exit 0 from omvs shell script there is still a hanging STC for OMVSEX which has to be cancelled - why?

Donald Poulin (2249119107) | asked Dec 20 '13, 2:40 p.m.
I have an omvs shell  script that executes some lscm commands. Some of the commands get errors but when exiting the shell script I  exit with 0 (zero) and I get the usual omvs prompt. When I then enter exit and hit enter a second time to exit omvs nothing happens. I have to press the escape key to get a command prompt and enter "quit" in order to get out of omvs. What do I  need  to  do to exit the shell script - AND - get a "normal" omvs prompt where I can do a "normal" exit to return to tso/ispf? Also each time  I exit the shell script after executing lscm commands I get a "hanging" STC with step name OMVSEX. What do  I need to do  to not have hanging STCs after executing lscm commands?

I get into omvs by ISPF menu option 6 (command) and then enter omvs.

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.