It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

scm diff on a snapshot

Bernd van Oostrum (21725671) | asked Dec 28 '10, 9:57 a.m.
Using scm.exe compare, I can retrieve the changes between the current contents of a repository workspace, and a snapshot created earlier.

This way I receive the changed files.

To analyze the changes in the file, I can use scm.exe diff
However, scm.exe diff doesn't accept 'snapshot' as a selection type... Are there any other diff - possibilities available?

Regards,
Bernd.

One answer

permanent link
Shashikant Padur (4.2k27) | answered Jan 03 '11, 1:33 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I have opened workitem 148637 to take in snapshot as a selector for the diff command.

The workaround for this would be to create a workspace out of a snapshot and then run the diff. Another way would be to create a baseline on the workspace whenever you create a snapshot and then run the diff of the file against that baseline.

Using scm.exe compare, I can retrieve the changes between the current contents of a repository workspace, and a snapshot created earlier.

This way I receive the changed files.

To analyze the changes in the file, I can use scm.exe diff
However, scm.exe diff doesn't accept 'snapshot' as a selection type... Are there any other diff - possibilities available?

Regards,
Bernd.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.