It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Unable to copy a step from one test script to another

Drew Cobb (10132015) | asked Dec 09 '10, 11:41 a.m.
In RQM 2.0.1 iFix 5, sometimes when I open up two separate test scripts and attempt to copy and paste from one script to another, RQM will not allow me to do this. When I select a step from what I would call my 'source' test script, the step (either Description or Expected Results column) becomes blank on the screen. If I then select the other column, it becomes blank and my previous cell now shows its text once again. The end result is, I cannot copy from one script to another. The only thing I know to do is to read the step I want to copy and then type a few words at a time in the new step. Read and type, read and type. Please help, Rational!!!! You can do better than this (at least I hope so).

2 answers

permanent link
paul chu (59411) | answered Dec 30 '10, 11:46 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I don't have 2.0.1 iFix 5 installed to check but it is definitely a defect that selecting a step would clear its content. Please submit a defect with browser info and more details like its state for example.

permanent link
Drew Cobb (10132015) | answered Dec 30 '10, 12:11 p.m.
I don't have 2.0.1 iFix 5 installed to check but it is definitely a defect that selecting a step would clear its content. Please submit a defect with browser info and more details like its state for example.

Defect 42945 was opened on 12/20/2010. Thanks

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.