It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can I use python for creating RQM API

Vidya Yadav (11) | asked Feb 27, 5:04 p.m.

Hi 

I am creating API which will create TCR automatically. I have couple of question

1. Can I use Python script?
2. as per  API document I have to use Post method to  generate systemid. Do I to send JaZZ-CSRF-PREVEN? Is it possible from python script? 
3. Is it possible to to assign  TCR to specific TCER? if yes Can you guide me here how? Do I have to send extra header in API call?

I am referring this document 

Thank you advance 

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.4k33646) | answered Feb 28, 2:16 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I am not an ETM API expert, so no specifics. 

In general, it is possible to use Python to develop against HTTP/REST APIs. You use the requests library.

For ETM, there are these public APIs:
  1. OSLC QM
  2. Reportable Rest (which is unlike for all other products a CRUD API and not only a Read api.
If you use PUT or POST against an ETM API it is likely that you have to send a JAZZ-CSRF-PREVENT header with the JSESSION ID as value. You will know you have to, based on an error you get trying.

In general, what has best worked for me over the years was to look at data that had the characteristic I wanted and use the API based on that. Stephanes blog is still valid.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.