It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Cloning project config

Susan Hanson (1.6k2201194) | asked Dec 06 '10, 12:07 p.m.
I have a current project that I am looking to clone a new project to match all of the configuration (work item types, workflows, etc) but not have any of the "data" (work items themselves). The current project is in a V2 server and the cloned project should be on a V3 server. Is there a way to "export all project config data" and then import it into the new project/new server?

Susan

4 answers

permanent link
Jared Burns (4.5k29) | answered Dec 06 '10, 6:20 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I have a current project that I am looking to clone a new project to match all of the configuration (work item types, workflows, etc) but not have any of the "data" (work items themselves). The current project is in a V2 server and the cloned project should be on a V3 server. Is there a way to "export all project config data" and then import it into the new project/new server?

Susan

Using the RTC Eclipse client, you can right click on a project area and select "Extract Process Template". This will give you a zip file that contains a new process template.

On your new server, you can then import this template. Finally, if you create a new project area from this template, it will have the same workitem configuration as the old project area.

Note that this will include your workitem types, workflows, etc., but it won't include the actual workitem categories or team areas that you had in the old project area.

- Jared

permanent link
Susan Hanson (1.6k2201194) | answered Dec 06 '10, 8:58 p.m.

Susan

Using the RTC Eclipse client, you can right click on a project area and select "Extract Process Template". This will give you a zip file that contains a new process template.

On your new server, you can then import this template. Finally, if you create a new project area from this template, it will have the same workitem configuration as the old project area.

Note that this will include your workitem types, workflows, etc., but it won't include the actual workitem categories or team areas that you had in the old project area.

- Jared

Hi Jared!

I am in my RTC Eclipse client, and I right-click on the project area in the navigation tree, but I don't have "Extract process template" in the menu, only "create process template". Perhaps I don't have the right permissions?

Susan Hanson

permanent link
Qiong Feng Huang (76911610) | answered Dec 08 '10, 5:24 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Susan,
I guess you are using RTC2.0.x. It is the menu item "Create Process Template" that you can use to extract process template from the selected project area. In RTC3.0, this menu item is changed to "Extract Process Template".

permanent link
Susan Hanson (1.6k2201194) | answered Dec 09 '10, 4:33 p.m.
Susan,
I guess you are using RTC2.0.x. It is the menu item "Create Process Template" that you can use to extract process template from the selected project area. In RTC3.0, this menu item is changed to "Extract Process Template".

Thanks!!! I was able to get my project out of RTC 2.0.0.2 and into my "test" V3.0 project.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.