It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Project organization

Alexander Reis (1621) | asked Dec 02 '10, 12:44 p.m.
Good afternoon folks.

My company, which is a software factory, has recently acquired Rational Development Platform as our base tools. Now I was giving the task to define the the work flow of our project which involves 4 teams - Web (Java), Backend(Mainframe) , Analysts and Test. We have 4 main lines of work which I assumed to be the same as the timelines in RTC 3. Theh are :

1) New Development
2) Adaptive Maintenance
3) Evolutive Maintenance
4) Bug fixes

Maybe some concept background is missing for me but Im not being able to think this through.

My first idea was to have 4 different main teams (Web, Mainframe, Test and Analysis and inside each of them a sub-team linked with a diferent timeline. But as soon as I create a new sub-team, RTC wont allow me to change the timeline. Wiil I have to obligatorily create different first-class teams with identical names but adding like "Evolutive Maintanance" on it, or there is a better way to think about this .

I'd appreciate any thoughts in the matter.

Thanks. :D

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.