It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC 2.0.0.2 ifix (x) client with Jazz Team Server 3.0

Milan Krivic (98013176143) | asked Nov 30 '10, 11:18 a.m.
Hi,

Can anyone tell me whether some of RTC 2.0.0.2 ifix (x) clients will be supported to connect to Jazz Team Server 3.0?

Or whether RAD 7.5 or RSA 7.5 will be able to work with RTC 3.0 Client?
Because we have a situation that some of our teams who work with RAD 7.5 or RSA 7.5 are not ready to use RAD 8.0 or RSA 8.0 and we are planning to migrate RTC 2.x to RTC 3.0 in these days...

Is there any good solution for this situation? or can you suggest something except upgrading RAD and RSA tools?

Any answer or help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

2 answers

permanent link
Jules Van de Velde (3633) | answered Nov 30 '10, 11:48 a.m.
The release notes for RTC 3.0 state that RTC 2.x clients will not be able to connect to a 3.0 server.

So, it sounds like you will have to upgrade the RTC clients.

I do not know about RAD or RSA.

- Jules

Hi,

Can anyone tell me whether some of RTC 2.0.0.2 ifix (x) clients will be supported to connect to Jazz Team Server 3.0?

Or whether RAD 7.5 or RSA 7.5 will be able to work with RTC 3.0 Client?
Because we have a situation that some of our teams who work with RAD 7.5 or RSA 7.5 are not ready to use RAD 8.0 or RSA 8.0 and we are planning to migrate RTC 2.x to RTC 3.0 in these days...

Is there any good solution for this situation? or can you suggest something except upgrading RAD and RSA tools?

Any answer or help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

permanent link
David Castellanos (20686) | answered Nov 30 '10, 11:49 a.m.
Hi,

RTC 2.x Clients are not compatible with 3.X Servers: https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RTC30BackwardsCompatibility

Not sure about your RAD/RSA questions, perhaps someone else can answer.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.