It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

IBM RTC Query related

Pallavi Deore (38140) | asked Jan 25 '18, 8:39 a.m.
My Scenario is:

In Task work item type i have created one enumeration of Channels which has 4 literals consider it as A,B,C,D 
Then I have created relateddefect custom attribute as of workitemlist type 

In Defect Work Item type:
I have created 4 custom attributes (A,B,C,D) of type Workitemlist.

Created a Task1 having 'A' as selected literals

created a defect1 in which i manually added task which is having 'A' as selected

Created one more task2 where i have selected 'A' 

so i created query to display defects which having literals selected as 'A' but its not working properly

so please help me to create query to fetch work item type defect whose having atleast one literal selected as 'A'

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Jan 25 '18, 10:49 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Added to my list for the „worst questions pageant“. Please see How should I ask a question in the Forum if I want to receive useful answers? And try to provide any useful information what does not properly work so we don’t need to be thelepathic.

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Jan 25 '18, 4:17 p.m.

I concur with Ralph on this one. It appears that what you try to do is very messy and you don't even have clear understanding how relationship between work items works.

I'm very curious how you managed to "create query to display defects which having literals selected as 'A'". That is simply impossible - for one, the Defect work item does not have the said Enumeration attribute, and because of the Work Item List attribute in Defect is multi-valued, you cannot access the Enumeration attribute in the linked Task work items in a query either.

Why do you have four Work Item List attributes in Defect? The custom attribute name does not magically map to an Enumeration with the same value.

If you can explain why you design Defect and Task the way you have done, we may have better understanding of what you want to achieve.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.