It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Component documentation

Kevin Taylor (1) | asked Nov 25 '10, 7:05 a.m.
I'm fairly new to RTC so apologies if this sounds like an odd question.

I realise that there are a lot of different ways to store documentation and RTC may not be the most suitable, but we have gone round the houses on this a lot of times and generally the favoured approach for storing documentation related to a component is with the component itself. More recently we have started storing the documentation in html format (a heirarchy of html docs), sitting inside either the project with which it is related and/or a separate project inside the same component.

Anyway, storing the documentation is fine, and getting at it through an eclipse client is also fine, but if you want to get at this through the RTC web interface, it appears only the html source can be viewed.

So what I am trying to figure out is 1) is there a better way of doing this ? 2) if this approach is reasonable how would I be able to work it so that I can see the rendered html (rather than the source) through the web interface, but also remotely (so I can reference it in, say, connections).

Is there a viewlet which already does this kind of thing in RTC ?
Using the rest api seems likely to be the most appropriate way of getting the html remotely. Are there any connections wigits which already do this kind of thing...?

Any pointers or thoughts greatefully received,

Thanks

Kevin

One answer

permanent link
moni nisha (6) | answered Dec 17 '10, 11:52 p.m.
It is a nice post........

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.