It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Importing PHP SDK?

Joseph Tsoi (1111) | asked Nov 22 '10, 8:17 p.m.
Hello, I was wondering if anyone can help me out as I am novice when it comes to Java and RTC.

I'm working on a project for school and I require the Dipity. I was wondering how do I import each of these into my project?

They provide a download for a PHP SDK. Any help appreciated, thanks!

Joey

5 answers

permanent link
Brent Barkman (156) | answered Nov 23 '10, 9:53 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Joey,
Perhaps I don't understand what you're asking but are you trying to import an existing project/folder into RTC? What you can do is if its already an Eclipse project go to File -> Import -> Existing Projects or otherwise create a new project and import the folders into it. Then to get it into RTC you can right-click on the Project and Choose Team -> Share Project and choose Jazz.

Or did I misunderstand the question?

permanent link
Joseph Tsoi (1111) | answered Nov 23 '10, 1:49 p.m.
I mean I already have an existing project in Java right now, and the API I require is in the form of a PHP SDK.

I was wondering what was the best way to import this so I can use the API and use the methods from that API.

Joey

permanent link
Brent Barkman (156) | answered Nov 23 '10, 2:31 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I looked at the Dipity developer page http://www.dipity.com/developer and looked at their php sdk and it appeared to be just 1 file, you can just add that file to your java project thats already in RTC. I'm unfamiliar with PHP development but then anytime someone loads that java project, they have a copy of the SDK so any references they're making to it will work.

permanent link
Joseph Tsoi (1111) | answered Nov 23 '10, 3:20 p.m.
It will work even though its in PHP?

Do I just import it as an archive file (since the download is a zip)?

I will give it a try later today and hopefully I can use the methods in my other classes.

permanent link
Brent Barkman (156) | answered Nov 23 '10, 3:55 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Jazz source control doesn't care what type of file it is, it just keeps it as a file under version control, just like a text file, for instance. If you need to read the file I would just copy the file right into your project, you can unzip the sdk and just drag and drop the file in, then refer to it in your own php using relative paths (I'm of course making some assumptions on how php works, I don't actually know, however there is no problem as far as RTC is concerned in bringing any sort of file you want into version control, just add it to a shared project)

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.