It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Issue with Add Component (It's not showing a stream I opened in a previous session)

Brent Benton (2643) | asked Nov 18 '10, 7:01 p.m.
edited Oct 13 '17, 3:24 p.m. by David Lafreniere (4.8k7)

I believe I have found an issue with the Add Component dialog, whereby it only displays streams with components that you have seen in your session.

Steps:
1) Create StreamA and StreamB
2) Create a new component in StreamA, ComponentA
3) Close client (I'm using the fat client here)
4) Re-open client and Open StreamB and select "Add...", then "Component in another repository workspace or stream". The list does not include StreamA, nor any stream with components that you haven't yet expanded in the tree view.

This seems like a defect - yes/no?

Comments
Brent Benton commented Nov 18 '10, 7:19 p.m. | edited Oct 13 '17, 3:23 p.m.

Hmm. Now wondering if this might be intentional, due to the volume of streams you may have, in order to make it easier to find what you want by only showing you streams you have interacted with in your session.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Michael Valenta (3.7k3) | answered Nov 19 '10, 8:45 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
If you type in the first character of the stream, does it appear? As you suspected, an exhaustive search for all streams is not performed when the dialog is opened. A search is only performed when the user types something.
David Lafreniere selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Brent Benton commented Nov 19 '10, 6:23 p.m. | edited Oct 13 '17, 3:23 p.m.

I see now - that was not apparent to me in the dialog. Thanks!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.