It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to export related artifacts field value?

Yasar Pala (1654) | asked Nov 18 '10, 10:34 a.m.
Hi,

I have a requirement to export RTC work items with the values of the "related artifacts" field. In the RTC eclipse client if I try to export a list of work items, the "related artifacts" field does not exists in the "add columns" window.

How can I export the related artifacts (URL value) values of work items as csv file?

Thanks,

Yasar

6 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Nov 19 '10, 12:51 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

in RTC 3.0 at least, related artefacts is a link and not an attribute. There are checkboxes to include data to be displayed in a query or export that are not attributes. Check these and export.

Two observations, only the first related artefact is exported. If a comment is set the comment is exported and not the value.

You might want to file a work item.

Ralph

Hi,

I have a requirement to export RTC work items with the values of the "related artifacts" field. In the RTC eclipse client if I try to export a list of work items, the "related artifacts" field does not exists in the "add columns" window.

How can I export the related artifacts (URL value) values of work items as csv file?

Thanks,

Yasar

permanent link
Yasar Pala (1654) | answered Nov 19 '10, 3:07 a.m.
Hi Ralph,

Thanks for the reply. If I create a query I am able to select the related artefacts and the values (URL's) are displayed in the resultset of this query. In the eclipse client if I want to export the work items of this query, I can not select the related artefacts. I only see the built in and custom attributes attributes.

How can I select the related artifacts?
Is it possible to export the work items in the web UI?

Regards,

Yasar
Hi,

in RTC 3.0 at least, related artefacts is a link and not an attribute. There are checkboxes to include data to be displayed in a query or export that are not attributes. Check these and export.

Two observations, only the first related artefact is exported. If a comment is set the comment is exported and not the value.

Ralph

Hi,

Thanks,

Yasar

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Nov 19 '10, 3:20 a.m.
Hi,

which version do you run and in which client do you create the query? This is important since the Eclipse client and the Web UI have differencs.

If you can configure that in the Web UI you could use download as .csv button in the Web UI. the button is in the top right area of a result running a query.

In 2.x the Eclipse client does not support the Related Artifacts. You can not include them as query result detail. The are not available in the Columns dialog.

I tried with 3.0 and in the Eclipse Client and you can not create a query that shows them in Eclipse. You can however use File>Export>Work Items. Select a query and destination and then Next. Add the relationships and export.

Ralph

Hi Ralph,

Thanks for the reply. If I create a query I am able to select the related artefacts and the values (URL's) are displayed in the resultset of this query. In the eclipse client if I want to export the work items of this query, I can not select the related artefacts. I only see the built in and custom attributes attributes.

Regards,

Yasar
Hi,

Ralph

Hi,

Thanks,

Yasar

permanent link
Yasar Pala (1654) | answered Nov 19 '10, 3:31 a.m.
Hello Ralph,

The RTC version is 2.0.0.2
My Eclipse Client has the version 3.6.1

I checked the button "download as .csv", I can see it after running the query, but the butten is deactivated.

Regards,

Yasar
Hi,

which version do you run and in which client do you create the query? This is important since the Eclipse client and the Web UI have differencs.

If you can configure that in the Web UI you could use download as .csv button in the Web UI. the button is in the top right area of a result running a query.

In 2.x the Eclipse client does not support the Related Artifacts. You can not include them as query result detail. The are not available in the Columns dialog.

I tried with 3.0 and in the Eclipse Client and you can not create a query that shows them in Eclipse. You can however use File>Export>Work Items. Select a query and destination and then Next. Add the relationships and export.

Ralph

Hi Ralph,

Regards,

Yasar
Hi,

Ralph

Hi,

Thanks,

Yasar

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Nov 19 '10, 3:48 a.m.
Hi Yasar,

the button is not deactivated for me in RTC 2.0.0.2 iFix4.
I checked if there were permissions to set but don't see anything. I don't know about anything else that could cause it to be disabled. Are the other buttons enabled? Maybe your problem is an unsupported browser or browser security settings.

Sorry,

Ralph

Hello Ralph,

I checked the button "download as .csv", I can see it after running the query, but the butten is deactivated.

Regards,

Yasar

permanent link
Yasar Pala (1654) | answered Nov 19 '10, 4:02 a.m.
Hi Ralph,

you are right, it was an issue with the browser. With IE 7 I am not able to use this button, probably security settings. I checked with Firefox and the button is activated there.

Now If I download the .csv file the related artifact column is also generated but the URL's assigned in the related artifacts are not exported. The related artifacts column is blank.

Regards,

Yasar
Hi Yasar,

the button is not deactivated for me in RTC 2.0.0.2 iFix4.
I checked if there were permissions to set but don't see anything. I don't know about anything else that could cause it to be disabled. Are the other buttons enabled? Maybe your problem is an unsupported browser or browser security settings.

Sorry,

Ralph

Hello Ralph,

Regards,

Yasar

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.