It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Undo changes of a change set without touching the sandbox

Ulrich Eckhardt (23612223) | asked Nov 18 '11, 6:53 a.m.
Hi!

I'm looking for a way to remove some change that accidentally landed in a changeset. I do want to keep the modified file though, so I don't want to undo the change in the sandbox, but I want to remove it from the changeset only.

Apart from loading the file, undoing in changeset and sandbox and then overwriting the changed file, does RTC offer any facility for that?

Thanks!

Uli

2 answers

permanent link
Ulrich Eckhardt (23612223) | answered Nov 29 '11, 5:21 a.m.
I haven't found a proper solution, but at least a workaround. If you open the file from the changeset in the diff viewer and keep the diff viewer open, you can then undo the change from the changeset and save the content of the diff viewer.

Two problems here:
1. The file will be saved, the timestamp bumped which means that e.g. "make" will consider the file changed and rebuild dependencies.
2. You must work around bug 186491, i.e. make a modification before saving, so that it considers the content of the diff viewer worth saving.

Uli

permanent link
Tim Mok (6.6k38) | answered Nov 29 '11, 8:52 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi!

I'm looking for a way to remove some change that accidentally landed in a changeset. I do want to keep the modified file though, so I don't want to undo the change in the sandbox, but I want to remove it from the changeset only.

Apart from loading the file, undoing in changeset and sandbox and then overwriting the changed file, does RTC offer any facility for that?

Thanks!

Uli
Is this a file you want to put into source control eventually? Because you can move the change to a new change set.

If you didn't want to check it in at all, I would recommend creating a patch for those changes instead of some trick with the compare editor. You would apply the patch after undoing the change to get it back as an unresolved change.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.