It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Programaticaly creating users in RTC

Myroslav Palenychka (51175) | asked Nov 16 '10, 2:50 p.m.
Hi,

We would like to be able to add users to our RTC server without using a Web UI or Eclipse Client.

Is it possible to script it?

Thank you

8 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Nov 17 '10, 1:38 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

You could use repotools. That allows you to import and export users.

You could switch to LDAP, that way the synchronization would create the users. I think I have heared about a default setting for the license that is assigned to users synced in.

Ralph

Hi,

We would like to be able to add users to our RTC server without using a Web UI or Eclipse Client.

Thank you

permanent link
Nicolas Constans (22723) | answered Nov 17 '10, 1:48 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

Thank you

Hi,

maybe the Jazz users API can be useful to you.
Apparently, it allows for the creation of user resources, in a programmatic way.

You can check it here: https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/JFSUsersAPI2

Best regards,

-Nicolas

Comments
Ankur Bhattacharya commented Jun 11 '13, 9:11 a.m.

I could not access the API documentation using the following link -

https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/JFSUsersAPI2

It says I don't have the required permission to view these APIs. Are these APIs open for adopters to use or are they private to the development team?

permanent link
Myroslav Palenychka (51175) | answered Nov 17 '10, 10:10 a.m.
Thanks Ralph, this will simplify a lot of things as our global team has 400 people. Do you know the command how to do it or point to some docs.

So we have a mapping in WAS JazzUsers->Our global group name in bluepages.

Hi,

You could switch to LDAP, that way the synchronization would create the users. I think I have heared about a default setting for the license that is assigned to users synced in.

Ralph

Hi,

Thank you

permanent link
Myroslav Palenychka (51175) | answered Nov 17 '10, 10:14 a.m.
Thanks Nicolas,

I think this will help us too as we can get our LDAP group members programmatically and then add them one by one using this APIs. Unless the repotools has already implement this synchronization.

Hi,

Thank you

Hi,

maybe the Jazz users API can be useful to you.
Apparently, it allows for the creation of user resources, in a programmatic way.

You can check it here: https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/JFSUsersAPI2

Best regards,

-Nicolas

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Nov 17 '10, 10:17 a.m.
Hi,

LDAP - please have alook into the library on Jazz.net and also search here. There is a bunch of documentation on jazz.net. Also the TeamWiki contains documentation about it. Currently I don't have time to look it up for you.

The repotools command is (add .sh or .bat as per your OS) repotools -importUsers and repotools -exportUsers. To get the syntax, open a shell in your server directory for instande /opt/IBM/JazzTeamServer/server

run repotools.sh or repotools.bat. That dumps the parameter details.

Ralph

Thanks Ralph, this will simplify a lot of things as our global team has 400 people. Do you know the command how to do it or point to some docs.

Hi,

Ralph

Hi,

Thank you

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Nov 17 '10, 10:28 a.m.
I should mention that LDAP sync work with blue groups. I think you can also define a defult license mapping.

Repotools uses an CSV file to export/import. I'd look at an export to see the format.

API: you might want to ask in the Extending Team Concert forum if you need more info.

Ralph

Hi,

LDAP - please have alook into the library on Jazz.net and also search here. There is a bunch of documentation on jazz.net. Also the TeamWiki contains documentation about it. Currently I don't have time to look it up for you.

The repotools command is (add .sh or .bat as per your OS) repotools -importUsers and repotools -exportUsers. To get the syntax, open a shell in your server directory for instande /opt/IBM/JazzTeamServer/server

Ralph

Hi,

Ralph

Hi,

Thank you

permanent link
Myroslav Palenychka (51175) | answered Nov 17 '10, 12:53 p.m.
Hi Ralph,

Thanks for your reply. I have ran the following command and got an error. I guess either it is a bug or I am doing something wrong here.

./repotools.sh -syncUsers adminUserId=ADMIN adminPassword=ADMIN
Repo Tools
Jazz Foundation - Jazz Team Server, Version 1.0.0.2 iFix 4 (I20100903-0816)
Rational Team Concert, Version 2.0.0.2 iFix 4 (I20100903-0816)

Rational Jazz Team Server - Enterprise
CRJAZ1380E Error synchronizing users.

Hi,

Ralph

Hi,

Ralph

Hi,

Thank you

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Nov 17 '10, 1:02 p.m.
Hi,

the -syncUsers is for LDAP and requires it to be set up correctly.
So before playing with the commandine I'd suggest to go into the server admin pages and check if the LDAP is set up at all. You also need to make sure that is configured correctly in the app server.

Please go to the Library http://jazz.net/library/ and just search that as well as the Team Concert help how to set up LDAP.

It is not trivial and if you hadn't set it up yet it is a considerable amount of work. I'd suggest to try out with a test system first.

Ralph

Hi Ralph,

Thanks for your reply. I have ran the following command and got an error. I guess either it is a bug or I am doing something wrong here.

./repotools.sh -syncUsers adminUserId=ADMIN adminPassword=ADMIN
Repo Tools
Jazz Foundation - Jazz Team Server, Version 1.0.0.2 iFix 4 (I20100903-0816)
Rational Team Concert, Version 2.0.0.2 iFix 4 (I20100903-0816)

Rational Jazz Team Server - Enterprise
CRJAZ1380E Error synchronizing users.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.