It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Security access restriction in stream or change set

Eric Aker (633) | asked Nov 15 '10, 8:08 p.m.
I would like to restrict users who can view or edit a file or change set. Can I set a tag on a C++ or Java file and restrict who can see or edit the file.

So if I outsource some work I want the outside developers to be able to
build against a stream but not look at the code. Can I give them some access but not all.

Eric

3 answers

permanent link
Eric Aker (633) | answered Nov 15 '10, 8:24 p.m.
I have a requirement to not check in dirty code. Is there a way to set up a automated filter such that a user can not checkin code until a script
returns a OK status?

permanent link
Milan Krivic (98010172140) | answered Nov 16 '10, 6:58 a.m.
I would like to restrict users who can view or edit a file or change set. Can I set a tag on a C++ or Java file and restrict who can see or edit the file.

So if I outsource some work I want the outside developers to be able to
build against a stream but not look at the code. Can I give them some access but not all.

Eric

Eric,

you can try next:

Change the owner of the component where you keep your source files. Let the owner be some other project area. Then, place people which will have access to these source files in both project areas:
In PA where is a stream of component keeping the files, and
in PA who is owner of that component.

I think this should help.

permanent link
Tim Mok (6.6k38) | answered Nov 16 '10, 4:12 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I have a requirement to not check in dirty code. Is there a way to set up a automated filter such that a user can not checkin code until a script
returns a OK status?

You can add the Clean Workspace advisor for a project area's process configuration. This will ensure there are no compile errors before the user delivers.

If you want something more customized, you can write your own advisor. For more information about creating advisors check out this article: http://jazz.net/library/article/495

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.