It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC 3.0 RC2 - Client and server versions do not match -

m sawires (1462268) | asked Nov 10 '10, 1:24 p.m.
Hello,
I've installed RTC 3.0 RC2 but when I try to connect to the repository with Java APIs I get the following error
com.ibm.team.repository.client.ServerVersionCheckException: Client and server versions do not match.

at com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.TeamRepository.checkServerVersionMatches(TeamRepository.java:1657)
at com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.TeamRepository.internalLogin(TeamRepository.java:1443)
at com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.TeamRepository.login(TeamRepository.java:616)

Does anyone know why?
I'm using the proper url to connect "https://testserver.com:9443/ccm"
Thanks in advance for your help.

18 answers

permanent link
Tim Mok (6.6k38) | answered Nov 12 '10, 10:25 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Double-check that the /ccm is the context used during server setup. The RTC server setup defaults CCM to use the /jazz context.

Hello,
I've installed RTC 3.0 RC2 but when I try to connect to the repository with Java APIs I get the following error
com.ibm.team.repository.client.ServerVersionCheckException: Client and server versions do not match.

at com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.TeamRepository.checkServerVersionMatches(TeamRepository.java:1657)
at com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.TeamRepository.internalLogin(TeamRepository.java:1443)
at com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.TeamRepository.login(TeamRepository.java:616)

Does anyone know why?
I'm using the proper url to connect "https://testserver.com:9443/ccm"
Thanks in advance for your help.

permanent link
Robert Stawicki (5844) | answered Nov 15 '10, 12:34 p.m.
I am running into this same issue. I am using the supplied Tomcat server. How do I check the context specification? I've been searching around, but cannot seem to find that.

permanent link
Tim Mok (6.6k38) | answered Nov 15 '10, 2:32 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I am running into this same issue. I am using the supplied Tomcat server. How do I check the context specification? I've been searching around, but cannot seem to find that.

When you go through the server setup wizard, there is a step to register applications with JTS. Whatever has been entered for CCM on that step will be what users use when connecting to CCM with the Eclipse client.

If you do not remember what was entered, you can login to your server through the WebUI (https://yoursever.com:9443/jts/admin) and check the Server section > Registered Applications.

permanent link
Robert Stawicki (5844) | answered Nov 15 '10, 2:54 p.m.

When you go through the server setup wizard, there is a step to register applications with JTS. Whatever has been entered for CCM on that step will be what users use when connecting to CCM with the Eclipse client.

If you do not remember what was entered, you can login to your server through the WebUI (https://yoursever.com:9443/jts/admin) and check the Server section > Registered Applications.
Thanks, I figured it was something simple like that. I saw that, and it has a "Name" of /ccm (I was poking around in web.xml files as well, to see if there was a context or root definition).

It appears I have the /ccm context.

permanent link
Robert Stawicki (5844) | answered Nov 16 '10, 12:31 p.m.
It appears the client release includes the "RC" Release Candidate info, but the server side does not.
So it is checking 3.0RC2 vs 3.0.

Further info -
In case there was some problem with our use of the plain java API, we changed to the URI specified in the server admin WEB UI.
So with https://testserver:9443/ccm/scr/, of course we got an error since it wasnt the proper discovery url. The error indicated the method used to check the levels. -
/ccm/scr/versionCompatibility?clientVersion=3.0RC2

So we tried the discovery url for that method, and got the response text (file).
https://testserver:9443/ccm/versionCompatibility?clientVersion=3.0RC2
produced -
{"isJTS":false,"uri":"https:\/\/jazz.net\/downloads\/rational-team-concert","serverVersion":"3.0","compatible":false,"message":"Client and server versions do not match."}

It looks like the server version is only "3.0" and omits the RC2.

permanent link
Nick Edgar (6.5k711) | answered Nov 22 '10, 10:14 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
The confusion is due to there being two different extensions for the product in the regular clients, one in com.ibm.team.repository.common, which shipped using 3.0RC2:
	<extension point="com.ibm.team.repository.common.componentConfigurations">

<componentConfiguration id="com.ibm.team.jazz.foundation" version="3.0" clientCompatibilityVersion="3.0RC2"/>
</extension>

and one in com.ibm.team.rtc.common, which shipped using 3.0:

<extension
point="com.ibm.team.repository.common.componentConfigurations">
<componentConfiguration
clientCompatibilityVersion="3.0"
id="com.ibm.team.rtc"
version="3.0">
</componentConfiguration>
</extension>

In TeamRepository.getClientVersionString(), it looks first for the RTC version then falls back to the Foundation one if not found.

Try including the com.ibm.team.rtc plugin in your client's class path.

For more details, see 140257: Error starting buildengine : CRRTC3538W: Server version check failed

permanent link
Nick Edgar (6.5k711) | answered Nov 22 '10, 10:32 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Correction: the Foundation clientCompatibilityVersion was bumped to 3.0 in RC3, so this error should only happen with RC2.

I'd still recommend including the com.ibm.team.rtc.common plug-in, though, if you're using any RTC client APIs.

permanent link
Robert Stawicki (5844) | answered Nov 23 '10, 10:29 a.m.
Correction: the Foundation clientCompatibilityVersion was bumped to 3.0 in RC3, so this error should only happen with RC2.

I'd still recommend including the com.ibm.team.rtc.common plug-in, though, if you're using any RTC client APIs.

I included the com.ibm.team.rtc.common plug-in in my client and that eliminated the client/server level error.

Thanks.

permanent link
Rod Moten (16) | answered May 05 '11, 9:15 a.m.

This problem also exists in Client Version 3.0.1RC2. I'm using the Eclipse RTC plug-in. com.ibm.team.rtc.common is listed as an installed plug-in. What is the workaround for this scenario?

permanent link
Nick Edgar (6.5k711) | answered May 05 '11, 10:48 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Which version of the server are you connecting to and what error do you get back?
If you can, try setting a breakpoint in:
com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.TeamRepository.getClientVersionString()
and perhaps:
com.ibm.team.repository.common.internal.util.ComponentConfigurationRegistry.buildComponentConfigurationsVersionMap()
to trace through it.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.