It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

CRJAZ0281E The "org.junit" dependency bundle cannot be installed.

Andrada Roman (201014) | asked Feb 17 '15, 8:19 a.m.
edited Feb 19 '15, 11:01 a.m. by Jennifer Cianchetta-Riordan (2512)
Hello,

I am developing a plug-in for RTC 4. I am also testing the plug-in using JUnit.
When starting the server after deploying the new plug-in, i get this error in the log:
 CRJAZ0281E The "org.junit" dependency bundle cannot be installed.

I am new the the RTC extending chapter. Is it not possible to use JUnit in plug-ins?

I also made a test to see if it can be deployed without the JUnit, and it worked...partially. The installation of the new plug-in was ok, but when hitting the "save" work item button, it failed. In the log i could see a ClassNotFound exception, referring to the new operation advisor class that I created.

Any ideas?

Thank you very much!
Have a great day,
Andrada

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Feb 18 '15, 3:55 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
If you look at the RTC SDK, you realize that it used JUnit for testing as well. However, you should separate the projects with JUnit tests from the Projects with production code to be deployed. You don't want to have a dependency to JUnit in your production plugins. If you want, make sure JUnit is available to the extension e.g. deploy it on the server and make it available (not sure how you would do this).

See https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2014/07/22/manage-scheduled-absences-using-the-plainjava-client-libraries/ where I test a client plugin with JUnit.
Andrada Roman selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.