It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Unlock Files

Eike Meyer (612211) | asked Nov 10 '10, 11:55 a.m.
Is there any way for users to remove locks on files from other users if they are not Jazz Admins?

4 answers

permanent link
Benjamin Chodroff (8985231) | answered Jan 16 '11, 8:45 p.m.
Is there any way for users to remove locks on files from other users if they are not Jazz Admins?

Yes. Locks on files are not a repository level permission but rather a team level permission. You simply have to grant the ability to remove locks to at least one role on the team -- or grant it to everyone.

permanent link
Eike Meyer (612211) | answered Apr 20 '11, 4:29 a.m.
I just tried this, but it didn't seem that the permission had any effect. I still received an error message when trying this saying I needed additional permissions.

When using my Jazz Admin account it worked though.

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Apr 21 '11, 11:11 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Please submit a defect (or have Rational Support submit one for you), so that the development team can investigate. My understanding is that you should be able to grant role-based permission to remove a lock.

Cheers,
Geoff

I just tried this, but it didn't seem that the permission had any effect. I still received an error message when trying this saying I needed additional permissions.

When using my Jazz Admin account it worked though.

permanent link
Benjamin Chodroff (8985231) | answered Apr 22 '11, 11:14 p.m.
Please submit a defect

I tested this out in RTC 3.0.1 RC1 and found this to be a bug -- it does not follow the role based permissions if you set:
Source Control->Save Stream->Modify->Stream->Locking->Destroy Locks of Others

The only way I found to remove locks was to be added as a JazzAdmin (did not test JazzProjectAdmin)

Here is the defect I submitted:
http://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=163063

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.