It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Sub-team Work Items in Iteration Plan

Mark Yamashita (111310) | asked Nov 09 '10, 1:04 p.m.
I set up a team, with 5 sub teams. I associated a similar structure of work item categories with the team structure. I created an iteration plan for the parent team for an iteration. In the iteration plan I only see the work items for the parent team, not the sub-teams.
I have a nearly identical setup in a different project area and all the work items from parent and child teams are displayed.
Is there something I'm missing? I have tried different plan types, loading and not loading all execution items.

Any help, or something to try next would be greatly appreciated,
Mark

2 answers

permanent link
Kim Soederhamn (1.5k24247) | answered Nov 17 '10, 4:47 a.m.
I set up a team, with 5 sub teams. I associated a similar structure of work item categories with the team structure. I created an iteration plan for the parent team for an iteration. In the iteration plan I only see the work items for the parent team, not the sub-teams.
I have a nearly identical setup in a different project area and all the work items from parent and child teams are displayed.
Is there something I'm missing? I have tried different plan types, loading and not loading all execution items.

Mark

I have not tried this myself - but have you tried looking at the different views in the plan ? Perhaps there is a view with a category that works for you.

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Nov 17 '10, 12:54 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Mark,

please check the plan types in the plan configuration, Kim's tip is also good. Different plan types include different stuff and there are filters and groupings you could have in views.

Ralph

Mark

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.