It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Working with Roadmap-View(Gantt) under Scrum-Template

Raphael Weisser (10195) | asked Nov 09 '10, 4:35 a.m.
Hi,

I'm fascinated from the possibility to show the workitems and their estimated/real time in schedule like a gantt-diagram in RTC3.0.

I want to use gantt in the WebUI ->View as Roadmap and have read some pages about using it in Information Center, but there are still some questions open.

1. How can I set the starting point for a workitem/story?
2. Where can I set the predecessor of a workitem?
In the formal process template there was a link in the editingoptions of the workitems on the left side, in scrum process this option isn't available.
3. How can I set the order of the schedule, in which order my workitems are planned?
4. the time I estimated for a workitem isn't equivalent to the time, the gantt-view displays: 4h != 12h(see picture)
5. In my plan there is a attribute "Einstufung", don't know what this is in english version. does somebody know what's the meaning of this attribute?

Thanks for answering this questions

http://s1.directupload.net/images/101109/j47m8xhd.jpg

4 answers

permanent link
Raphael Weisser (10195) | answered Nov 10 '10, 3:12 a.m.
Anyone who has worked with the roadmap view?
Or how are you using the gantt-plan?

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k8180136) | answered Nov 10 '10, 5:17 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

I think I can help on one of these questions. Google Translator suggests the term Classification as the English version of Einstufung.

This seems to be the Ranking of the work item (you can move work items around to show relative priority). This gives you the ability to indicate the really important work items within a priority level.

anthony

permanent link
Attaullah Syed (13812) | answered Nov 11 '10, 3:45 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

I think I can help on one of these questions. Google Translator suggests the term Classification as the English version of Einstufung.

This seems to be the Ranking of the work item (you can move work items around to show relative priority). This gives you the ability to indicate the really important work items within a priority level.

anthony

Let me answer your second and third question.
Yes, if you use the Scrum process, you cannot create a predecessor work item from Gantt/Roadmap. In Scrum, it's Blocks and Depends On.

Answer to the third question:
If multiple work items are assigned to an owner, the work items are sequenced based on the Ranking attribute. By default, Priority is set as the Ranking attribute. You can change the default setting by changing the Ranking attribute in the project area editor. If multiple work items are ranked same, the sequence is determined by the work item ID.

permanent link
Alexander Schinko (35511812) | answered Jan 18 '11, 10:32 a.m.

Let me answer your second and third question.
Yes, if you use the Scrum process, you cannot create a predecessor work item from Gantt/Roadmap. In Scrum, it's Blocks and Depends On.

Hi, I don't think the agile scheduler will consider Blocks and Depends On dependencies in the order of the planing. I tried this.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.