It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Required Content precondition - how to configure, syntax etc

Simon Webb (4685) | asked Nov 04 '10, 12:53 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Sorry - I'm afraid I've found no doc, forum posts etc that help...

I'm trying to set up the Required Content precondtion for deliveries to ensure that some mandatory strings are present in delivered files matching certain file patterns.

I've tried all sorts of combinations of syntax for the file pattern and required text, but to no avail. Does someone have an example, or some doc that explains exactly how to configure this so it works?

I've tried file patterns like: .cpp, .hpp, .c, .h
*.cpp (doesn't like that)
"*.cpp"
I've tried all sorts of required text entries as well.

One issue is that I'm not aware of any method to "debug" the rule - so have no idea which part of the precondition is not working the way I want.

Tips, advice appreciated!
Thanks.
Simon.

2 answers

permanent link
Jared Burns (4.5k29) | answered Nov 05 '10, 3:00 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I'm trying to set up the Required Content precondtion for deliveries to ensure that some mandatory strings are present in delivered files matching certain file patterns.

I've tried all sorts of combinations of syntax for the file pattern and required text, but to no avail. Does someone have an example, or some doc that explains exactly how to configure this so it works?.

The precondition uses the Java regular expression syntax. There may be better examples out there, but this is what I use for reference: http://www.jdk5.ru/api/java/util/regex/Pattern.html

- Jared

permanent link
Simon Webb (4685) | answered Nov 08 '10, 8:23 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

I've tried all sorts of combinations of syntax for the file pattern and required text, but to no avail. Does someone have an example, or some doc that explains exactly how to configure this so it works?.

The precondition uses the Java regular expression syntax. There may be better examples out there, but this is what I use for reference: http://www.jdk5.ru/api/java/util/regex/Pattern.html

- Jared

Thanks Jared - I'll give this a shot.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.