It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Rational Excel importer -is there no Lotus Symphony ver ?

jason may (4133) | asked Nov 03 '10, 1:40 p.m.
I have seen there is a Rational Excel importer available , is there a Lotus Symphony version?

second question, even if I start to use MSExcel will the importer allow me to create a list of requirements in Excel and then create an xml file to import into the requirements , in which case are there instructions on how to create my excel worksheet template?

Thanks

2 answers

permanent link
Patrick Van Zandt (1.2k1) | answered Nov 03 '10, 1:56 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I have seen there is a Rational Excel importer available , is there a Lotus Symphony version?

second question, even if I start to use MSExcel will the importer allow me to create a list of requirements in Excel and then create an xml file to import into the requirements , in which case are there instructions on how to create my excel worksheet template?

Thanks

Hi Jason,

To answer your first question -- there is currently no Lotus Symphony equivalent of the Microsoft Office import utility that ships with RQM.

The Microsoft Office utility is calling Microsoft APIs, parsing the results, and then using the public RQM API to push data to RQM. Assuming that Lotus Symphony has available APIs, this is certainly feasible but I am not aware of any existing (committed) plans to deliver such a utility with RQM.

You may want to subscribe to this RFE:
36911 Provide the functionality of RQMExcelWordImporter without the need for a Microsoft Office license

Regards,
Patrick

permanent link
jason may (4133) | answered Nov 04 '10, 12:35 p.m.
Thanks..

I added my comments that it should be first choice to add functionality for IBM Symphony. seeing as it an IBM product!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.