It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Migrating RTC server to 3.0RC2

Giuseppe Nettis (36153) | asked Nov 01 '10, 11:52 a.m.
Hi to all,
i tried to migrate the server from 2.x version to 3.0RC2 version. To do this, i followed the guide in this page
https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RTCtoCCM30MigrationSteps

I found an error in this step:
https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RTCtoCCM30MigrationSteps#RTC_repository_Database_Migratio
both using the automatic and the manual method. When i import user information into the JTS server i have this error:
"CRJAZ0596I - Migration handler not registered for migrating "{0}" namespace URI".

In the step "Export user information from the RTC database", i believe that i must create the jtsData.tar from the RTC server 2.x. However, i noted that this step performs correctly only if i do this step creating the .tar from the server 3.0RC2.

I must create the jtsData from RTC server 2.x, isn't true?
If yes, any suggestions to resolve the CRJAZ0596I error ?

Thanks,
Giu

17 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Nov 01 '10, 12:13 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

you should skip the manual section. Get the rtc_migration scripts as stated in the Wiki. It should do all these manual steps for you. Please read the document carefully, it is work in progress and mentions tasks that are not necessary anymore with RC2.

In a nutshell you
- Install the server with migration option selected in the (second?) last step.
- backup your RTC DB (carefully read the sections about backing up your DB because it is automatically migrated to RTC3 and there will be no way back)
- create a new second DB for JTS
- run the repotools command repotools-jazz.sh -clean -migration_updateConfigurationFiles oldJazzHome=<RTC2>/server/conf
- review the migrated files
- provide the DB connection properties for the RTC server in conf/jazz/teamserver.properties
- provide the DB connection to the new DB in the conf/jts/teamserver.properties
- run the rtc_migration script
- run the setup

Ralph

Hi to all,
i tried to migrate the server from 2.x version to 3.0RC2 version. To do this, i followed the guide in this page
https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RTCtoCCM30MigrationSteps

I found an error in this step:
https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RTCtoCCM30MigrationSteps#RTC_repository_Database_Migratio
both using the automatic and the manual method. When i import user information into the JTS server i have this error:
"CRJAZ0596I - Migration handler not registered for migrating "{0}" namespace URI".

In the step "Export user information from the RTC database", i believe that i must create the jtsData.tar from the RTC server 2.x. However, i noted that this step performs correctly only if i do this step creating the .tar from the server 3.0RC2.

I must create the jtsData from RTC server 2.x, isn't true?
If yes, any suggestions to resolve the CRJAZ0596I error ?

Thanks,
Giu

permanent link
Giuseppe Nettis (36153) | answered Nov 01 '10, 12:50 p.m.
For the steps:

- backup your RTC DB: for this step, i only have to copy the repositoryDB folder from <RTC2>/server/ to the <RTC3>/server/conf/jazz/derby directory? i used Derby DB vendor..

- create a new second DB for JTS: how can i do this? there is already a repositoryDB folder in the <RTC3>/server/conf/jts/derby directory..

However, i performed all the steps as in the document.. but i have that error.

Thanks Ralph

Hi,

you should skip the manual section. Get the rtc_migration scripts as stated in the Wiki. It should do all these manual steps for you. Please read the document carefully, it is work in progress and mentions tasks that are not necessary anymore with RC2.

In a nutshell you
- backup your RTC DB (carefully read the sections about backing up your DB because it is automatically migrated to RTC3 and there will be no way back)
- run the repotools command repotools-jazz.sh -clean -migration_updateConfigurationFiles oldJazzHome=<RTC2>/server/conf
- provide the DB connection properties for the RTC server in conf/jazz/teamserver.properties
- run the setup

Ralph

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Nov 01 '10, 12:59 p.m.
Hi, if you are using Derby, you copy the derby directory repository DB over. Please make sure the teamserver.properties entry matches where you copied the DB. I think the conf/jazz/teamserver.properties will default into the server/ directory. I had a case like that anyhow.

You don't need to create a new DB if you use derby. You just make sure to fix the respective teamserver.properties and point it to where you want the new repositoryDB. You have to essentially check both the conf/jazz and the conf/jts teamserver.property files.
The conf/jts one has a fake entry after the repotools ran.
Ralph
For the steps:

- backup your RTC DB: for this step, i only have to copy the repositoryDB folder from <RTC2>/server/ to the <RTC3>/server/conf/jazz/derby directory? i used Derby DB vendor..

- create a new second DB for JTS: how can i do this? there is already a repositoryDB folder in the <RTC3>/server/conf/jts/derby directory..

Thanks Ralph

Hi,

In a nutshell you
- run the setup

Ralph

permanent link
Giuseppe Nettis (36153) | answered Nov 01 '10, 2:06 p.m.

You don't need to create a new DB if you use derby. You just make sure to fix the respective teamserver.properties and point it to where you want the new repositoryDB. You have to essentially check both the conf/jazz and the conf/jts teamserver.property files.
Ralph

But the conf/jazz and the conf/jts teamserver.property files should point to the same repositoryDB? Or the conf/jts teamserver.property must point to a different repositoryDB?

Thanks
Giu

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Nov 02 '10, 2:38 a.m.
Basically you have at least two databases now. One for JTS and one for the RTC component (/jazz in case of an upgrade). JTS is serving as a central point of user management for several servers.

Ralph

Ralph

But the conf/jazz and the conf/jts teamserver.property files should point to the same repositoryDB? Or the conf/jts teamserver.property must point to a different repositoryDB?

Thanks
Giu

permanent link
Giuseppe Nettis (36153) | answered Nov 02 '10, 5:24 a.m.
Ok, it's all ok now. Thanks a lot for all Ralph..
Giu

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Nov 02 '10, 6:11 a.m.
Glad it works for you now.

Ralph

Ok, it's all ok now. Thanks a lot for all Ralph..
Giu

permanent link
Ravi Narkilla (11) | answered Nov 16 '10, 2:33 p.m.
Previously I installed the RTC 2.0.0.2IFIX4 Standard Edition. Never configured the server. Found that RTC3.0RC2 was available and downloaded installed into JazzServer_1 directory. Ran thru configuration created tables and got to the point of creating users. ISSUE: The "SAVE" button was greyed when trying to create project area.

Uninstalled RTC2.0.0.2 and RTC3.0RC2 to clean environment.
Dropped and deleted existing databases from previous configuration.
Re-installed RTC3.0 and configured server.

Failed on STEP FIVE.

Received the following

CRJAZ1770E ......The configured database lock id does not match.... repotools -ResetRepoLockId

I stopped the server and reset repo lock id. It ran successfully.

Restarted Server and went to Jazz Team Setup Step 1.

RESULT: You are not authorized to access Jazz Team Server Setup

It seems I have a port conflict of some sort from the original install.
I need to know all areas of where to change the port number.

permanent link
Ravi Narkilla (11) | answered Nov 16 '10, 2:38 p.m.
Previously I installed the RTC 2.0.0.2IFIX4 Standard Edition. Never configured the server. Found that RTC3.0RC2 was available and downloaded installed into JazzServer_1 directory. Ran thru configuration created tables and got to the point of creating users. ISSUE: The "SAVE" button was greyed when trying to create project area.

Failed on STEP FIVE.

Received the following

CRJAZ1770E ......The configured database lock id does not match.... repotools -ResetRepoLockId

Anyone experienced this problem?

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Nov 17 '10, 1:32 a.m.
Hi,

A few tips on this one. First the problem you are experiencing probably results from the fact that RTC3.x runs two applications the JTS and the CCM (RTC) application. Both apps need their own DB.

To protect users migrating from 2.x messing up their data and to avoid incorrect setups pointing two apps to one DB the lock was introduced.

Restart the setup for RTC3.x (I'd suggest to get the latest milestone or wait for the release). Make sure to provide two seperate databases as noted in the documentation.

I'd also like to suggest to open a new topic for a new question. This makes it easier to find unanswered questions. If you wanted to point people watching a particular post to look into the new question, you could put the link into a response.

Thanks,

Ralph

Failed on STEP FIVE.

Received the following

Anyone experienced this problem?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.