It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Permission to import csv-file to create WI

Katrin Heymann (19824363) | asked Oct 29 '10, 6:20 a.m.
With Project area admin access we try to import and create WI's from a csv-file in a project area.

We got the following error message:
Could not create work item from ***.xls.csv (Line 1)
The user "xxx" is not authorized to perform the operation. The "JazzAdmins" role is required to perform this operation.

Does it really need "JazzAdmins" access ?

2 answers

permanent link
Katrin Heymann (19824363) | answered Nov 02 '10, 5:38 a.m.
Hi Ralph,

thanks for your answer.

We analyzed the problem and found out that there are some literal errors in the table (e.g. userid).

During the import RTC tries to create the wrong written user.
For this RTC seems to need JazzAdmin rights.

Katrin

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Nov 01 '10, 12:52 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Katrin,

I am not sure about this, but I would consider checking that the user has a role in the project and has permission to create work items for all teams that might be affected. I think the project area admin only adds permissions to do certain admin tasks in the project.

In general if a user has admin access access he can give himself the permission to do certain things. Unless he has granted himself the permissions the operation would still fail.
Even if I am JazzAdmin, if I don't grant me the right to create work items, I can't create any.

Ralph

With Project area admin access we try to import and create WI's from a csv-file in a project area.

We got the following error message:
Could not create work item from ***.xls.csv (Line 1)
The user "*" is not authorized to perform the operation. The "JazzAdmins" role is required to perform this operation.

Does it really need "JazzAdmins" access ?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.