It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Error accessing Quality Manager

Verdura Navarra (111) | asked Oct 26 '10, 12:49 a.m.
Hi all,

I am recieving the error 'There was a problem loading the feed:java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused:

connect' accessing the Quality Mgr articles and tutorials at RQM home page dashboard.

How can I fix it? Please advise me..

Thank you..

2 answers

permanent link
Patrick Van Zandt (1.2k1) | answered Oct 26 '10, 10:20 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi all,

I am recieving the error 'There was a problem loading the feed:java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused:

connect' accessing the Quality Mgr articles and tutorials at RQM home page dashboard.

How can I fix it? Please advise me..

Thank you..

Hi,

The "Quality Manager Articles & Tutorials" content is loaded from the following URL: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/views/rss/customrssatom.jsp?zone_by=Rational&type_by=Articles&type_by=Tutorials&search_by=quality+manage&day=1&month=01&year=2004&max_entries=10&feed_by=rss&isGUI=true&Submit.x=56&Submit.y=14

The error you are receiving indicates that this URL cannot be loaded. Note that this content is loaded by the RQM server and then passed along to the clients. This error can be caused by:

(a) The RQM server does not have internet access to IBM.com (even though the client machines may have internet access).

or

(b) The RQM server has internet access, but the RQM server process (java.exe if on Windows) is not granted network access on an OS security level. This is most common if RQM is running as a Windows service and it set to "run as" the "local system account".

etc

To troubleshoot, I would start out by remoting into the RQM server machine (under the same user ID that RQM server runs as) and trying to load the above URL in a browser. Ensure that you can access it WITHOUT a proxy, firewall authentication, etc.

I hope that helps; let us know what you find.

Cheers,
Patrick

permanent link
Danae Panayiotidou (11) | answered Nov 30 '12, 8:37 a.m.
Hi Patric,
We are having a similar issue and it has always occurred. Not a major, but I guess these feeds might be useful to have and maybe if we did we would use them. Now I understand why it has never worked. We always have a proxy in our organisation and there is no other way to access the internet.

The error we get is:
There was a problem loading the feed:
The content was not a recognized feed.

Is there any way to setup the proxy details and credentials in RQM so that it knows to go though the proxy?

We have recently upgraded to v3.0.1.3.

Thank you in advance.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.