It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM 6.0.2: How do I create a report that shows me the details to the level of manual steps pass/fail status?

Neeta Valera (45643) | asked Jun 10 '16, 10:38 a.m.

Hi,

How and what tool would I be able to create a report similar to the "Execution Status by Owner using TCER Count (Live)" but down to the level of manual steps in each test case or for all test cases by test plans whatever - I want to be able to drill down to what exact steps failed, what passed, I want another report that will tell me the progress of testing over time as how many steps have failed/passed/blocked over a period of time, etc.

Thank you

One answer

permanent link
Clara Forero (6212) | answered Jun 14 '16, 10:31 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Neeta,

Due to the high volume of records, Test Script Steps information is stored in the data warehouse (DW) only partially.  Only Test Script Steps related to requirements and Test Script Step Results related to defects will be stored in the DW.  Therefore, any report that is created using the DW will contain only a subset of the step related information.  If that would be enough for your report, you could try using RRDI.

If you want to include all available information in your report, you could use Rational Publishing Engine (RPE) that will use the REST API's to access RQM information.  Here is the link to the RQM API documentation.

Since you are using CLM 6.0.2, then Report Builder will be another (and probably the best) option.  You can create the report that you need by using the Lifecycle Query Engine (LQE) data source.  Under Quality Management select the Test Script Step Result artifact.  On the Format Results page, you can use Graph instead of Table, group by the date field of your choosing and then count values based on Verdict. Here is the link to the Report Builder documentation.

Thank you,
Clara Forero

Comments
Neeta Valera commented Jun 17 '16, 3:22 p.m.

Thank you for the response. It is very useful. I have played with Report Builder using LQE with configurations but it is not returning the data i expect.
I have looked into Rational Insight but it uses data warehouse so I am assuming it will have all of the test script test step results which is what I really need.

I am looking for the entity relationship diagram for the entities used by the report builder so i can see why its not returning the data i want. i may have to link different tables or something.

Thank you

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.