It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

JavaScript problems with BF 7114

Jeroen Hautekeete (1633) | asked Oct 25 '10, 11:36 a.m.
Hi, I've installed an evaluation copy of BuildForge 7.1.1.4, but there seems to be a problem with the JavaScript
I can't get any popup windows, or input field drop-down boxes, etc ...

BF(+RAFW) is installed on WebSphere with Apache WebServer

Can anyone help me determine the problem ?

PS: It doesn't work in firefox/linux, nor in IE/Windows

3 answers

permanent link
Brent Ulbricht (2.5k11) | answered Oct 25 '10, 1:51 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi, I've installed an evaluation copy of BuildForge 7.1.1.4, but there seems to be a problem with the JavaScript
I can't get any popup windows, or input field drop-down boxes, etc ...

BF(+RAFW) is installed on WebSphere with Apache WebServer

Can anyone help me determine the problem ?

PS: It doesn't work in firefox/linux, nor in IE/Windows

Hi,

This is kind of random, but you might try clearing your browser cache. You didn't mention if you've used previous releases/builds of Build Forge with these browsers, but I have had the occasional odd problem when switching between different releases of Build Forge and clearing the browser cache solved it.

What versions of FireFox and Internet Explorer are you using? And lastly, are there any obvious errors in the log files under the /Apache/logs (Windows) or /server/apache/logs directory (Unix)?

bju

permanent link
Jeroen Hautekeete (1633) | answered Oct 27 '10, 5:12 p.m.
Thanks for the reply

Apparently my apache was missing rights to write some temporary files in the webroot directory. the following command did the trick

chown -R apache:apache $RBF_HOME/webroot

permanent link
Brent Ulbricht (2.5k11) | answered Oct 28 '10, 7:45 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Thanks for the reply

Apparently my apache was missing rights to write some temporary files in the webroot directory. the following command did the trick

chown -R apache:apache $RBF_HOME/webroot

Hi,

It's great to hear you've got it working, and thanks for posting your resolution!

bju

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.