It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

buildforge projects

sridevi yv (10632) | asked Jul 23 '10, 12:53 a.m.
how can i export an entire project to a different management console on a different server??

14 answers

permanent link
sridevi yv (10632) | answered Jul 23 '10, 1:13 a.m.
one more question.. i tried this dynamic server selection using collectors and selectors..using attributes like mem_total.but when i try to run the project the job is dying..can anyone tell me the solution for this??

permanent link
Brent Ulbricht (2.5k11) | answered Jul 23 '10, 11:41 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi sridevi,

how can i export an entire project to a different management console on a different server??

The first step will be to export your project from the management console that it currently exists on. You can do this via adding a step at the end of your project that does a ".export" (see dot command documentation for other .export options). Another option if you have access to the Management Console computer and Build Forge directory on that computer would be to run the "bfexport" command line utility.

Once you have the XML file containing your exported project, you will have to import the project into the new managmement console. You can do this by using the UI (Administration->Import), or again if you have access to the new management console computer and Build Forge directory, you can use the "bfimport" command line tool.

one more question.. i tried this dynamic server selection using collectors and selectors..using attributes like mem_total.but when i try to run the project the job is dying..can anyone tell me the solution for this??

It seems like the system may not be finding any servers that match your selector properties. In the job that died, see if there are any build notes. You may find one that has a message stating "No server could be found matching all conditions". If so, you will have to adjust your selector properties a little so that it can find a computer to run on.

bju

permanent link
sridevi yv (10632) | answered Jul 24 '10, 9:13 a.m.
thanks a lot bju...the first problem is solved :) but regarding the second one, first i used mem_total as the built in property which dint work.. i assumed the property is not being met and next time i used Ip address.. ideally this should not give any problem as i clearly knew the ip addresses of the servers.. but the job is dying again.. and now i have come up with a third problem... scheduled project is not running at the scheduled time! i don know where am going wrong..

permanent link
sridevi yv (10632) | answered Jul 24 '10, 9:30 a.m.
hey dynamic server allocation is working.. guess i had missed something last time.. i'll be grateful if u could figure out wat the problem is in scheduling of projects..
thank u

permanent link
Brent Ulbricht (2.5k11) | answered Jul 25 '10, 2:13 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
hey dynamic server allocation is working.. guess i had missed something last time.. i'll be grateful if u could figure out wat the problem is in scheduling of projects..
thank u

Hi,

It's great to hear of your progress! As for the schedules, I have a couple of questions.

- Are you trying to schedule a project or build class (for purging of projects) to be kicked off?
- When are you looking for the schedule to run and what are the values you entered on the schedule page (min, day, etc.)?
- If this is for starting a project, are there any other builds of the project running at the same time that the schedule is to start a build?
- Are there any noticeable error messages or is the build just not running?

Thanks!

bju

permanent link
sridevi yv (10632) | answered Jul 26 '10, 12:51 a.m.
hi,
its not for purging..its for starting the project.. and there were no other projects running at the same time.. i had sceduled it to run at 3.00 p.m
i.e the parameters were 0(mins), 15(hours), 23(date),7(month),5(day i.e friday)

permanent link
sridevi yv (10632) | answered Jul 26 '10, 12:51 a.m.
and ya the build is just not running..no question of errors

permanent link
sridevi yv (10632) | answered Jul 26 '10, 1:33 a.m.
hey its working :) i figured out wat the prob was..i had to change the time zone under my user profile..
thanks a lot for paying heed to my problems :)

permanent link
sridevi yv (10632) | answered Jul 26 '10, 4:48 a.m.
is there any way by which multiple values can be given to a single environment variable? i came across something called append under action of the variable.. but i don know how it would help!!

permanent link
Brent Ulbricht (2.5k11) | answered Jul 26 '10, 9:43 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
is there any way by which multiple values can be given to a single environment variable? i came across something called append under action of the variable.. but i don know how it would help!!

Hi,

The append action for an environment variable will add the new value to the end of an existing variable of the same name. For example, if you already had a variable named TEST_PATH with a value of /opt/test, it would look like the following:

TEST_PATH=/opt/test

If you added an environment variable with an action of append for TEST_PATH, the additional value would be added to the end separated by the OS specific PATH delimiter.

TEST_PATH=/opt/test:/opt/another/directory

bju

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.