It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM adapter dev to support 3-party automation testing tools?

zhuang JunQian (1188) | asked Oct 17 '10, 6:43 a.m.
One customer is queyring how to use RQM to call their own automation test frameworks. to meet their request, we need RQM
1) to provide the ability to call their frameworks.
2) run their automation and save test result into RQM resposry.

The only document we found is http://jazz.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6816&sid=c2e744ec089a5ac1ed3d9e2197190f7a, it just suggests the command line adapter, unfortunatelly, I didn't find much document about comman line adapter, I am wondering how to make it fetch test result and save into RQM Database?

any advice is greatly appreciated.
thanks in advance.

zhuang

One answer

permanent link
Kurtis Martin (1.4k11) | answered Oct 18 '10, 10:28 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
In the RQM install directory there's a folder named "adapter", which contains the Command Line Adapter (aka CLA). The file name is RQMCommandLineAdapter.zip. That file has a readme.txt which explains how to configure and run the CLA. That is definitely the quickest way to invoke 3rd party applications from RQM. The CLA will attach any information printed to stdout and stderr back to the RQM result. So if the customers tool can be invoked from the command-line and can print the data it wants attached to RQM to stdout, then CLA is a good way to go.

The other option is for someone to implement a native RQM adapter for the customers tool. To the best of my knowledge, the information in the link you referred to is still accurate. So, there's no public documentation or tools provided to create a native RQM adapter. I've heard of some resources for IBM partners that have done this, but I don't have any additional information on it.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.