It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM-TADDM plugin

Jose Nativio (61) | asked Oct 15 '10, 4:21 p.m.
Hi,

does anyone in this forum have experience with the RQM-TADDM plugin?
We were able to get this working with a TADDM 7.2 which has the scope of some our lab machines, but there are still some shortcomings. The performance is bad and I was wondering if there is a way to limit the level of the discover to improve it. Also, there are automatic discovers kicked off by RQM every 12 hours that are not desirable.
The documentation on this feature is very limited so I will appreciate any information you may share.

Thanks,
Jose

2 answers

permanent link
John Nason (2.4k1012) | answered Oct 22 '10, 5:52 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Jose,

You can change the interval that the RQM server syncs with the TADDM server through an advanced property.
As an admin user, go to Admin->Jazz Server Administration.
Click the "Advanced Properties" link.
Search for "Asset Sync Task Fixed Delay".
Enter a value (in seconds) for your desired time between syncs. This will probably be a big number, like 86400 for 24h.

To control the amount of data that is discovered you can define a "Discovery Scope" in TADDM. You can then refer to that named discovery scope in the RQM integration_config.xml file within the <extendedInfo> <value> property.

I'd be interested to hear any feedback on Lab Management and the integration with TADDM.

Hi,

does anyone in this forum have experience with the RQM-TADDM plugin?
We were able to get this working with a TADDM 7.2 which has the scope of some our lab machines, but there are still some shortcomings. The performance is bad and I was wondering if there is a way to limit the level of the discover to improve it. Also, there are automatic discovers kicked off by RQM every 12 hours that are not desirable.
The documentation on this feature is very limited so I will appreciate any information you may share.

Thanks,
Jose

permanent link
Jose Nativio (61) | answered Nov 12 '10, 4:16 p.m.
Hi John,

thanks for your response. I think the Discovery Scope from the integration_config.xml is not being considered by TADDM, as I specified one scope there but get machines that are define in another scope as well.
We are having another problem now: when trying to deploy the plugin in our production environment (2.0.1 IF3) we are getting a bunch of exceptions in the catalina.txt log file related to permissions and the java process dies. The TADDM userid/password is correct in the config file. I am not the administrator of the system and I do not have access to the box, so I cannot do further debugging. Do you have any idea of what could be the problem?
Here is a sample exception:

13:04:04,973 ERROR com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.scheduler - CRJAZ0860I The asynchronous task "AssetSyncTask" has terminated due to a thrown exception.
java.security.AccessControlException: Access denied (java.util.PropertyPermission com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.migratingRepository read)
at java.security.AccessController.checkPermission(AccessController.java:103)
at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPermission(SecurityManager.java:558)
at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPropertyAccess(SecurityManager.java:1311)
at java.lang.System.getProperty(System.java:369)
at java.lang.System.getProperty(System.java:353)
at java.lang.Boolean.getBoolean(Boolean.java:236)

13:04:12,946 ERROR com.ibm.team.repository - CRJAZ0852I An exception occurred while executing the task "LogChangeEventAppenderTask", contributed by component "com.ibm.team.repository". The task will be removed from the schedule.
java.security.AccessControlException: Access denied (java.io.FilePermission /opt/IBM/RQM201_1/server/apache-tomcat-5.5.30/work/Catalina/localhost/jazz/eclipse/configuration/org.eclipse.osgi/bundles/203/data/logFeedAppender read)
at java.security.AccessController.checkPermission(AccessController.java:103)
at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPermission(SecurityManager.java:558)
at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkRead(SecurityManager.java:897)

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.