It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Setting required fields based on attribute choice

Michael Mancini (1362410) | asked Oct 12 '10, 2:47 p.m.
We have the need to create a defect template that when an attribute selection is chosen, then another field is required to be filled in.

Example:

Fields:

Filed against: a, b, c
CustomField: text field

If FILED AGAINST = A
Then CustomField is REQUIRED

If FILED AGAINST does not equal A
Then CustomField is not REQUIRED

Is this possible within RTC 2.0.0.2?

3 answers

permanent link
Kim Soederhamn (1.5k34348) | answered Oct 26 '10, 9:59 a.m.
We have the need to create a defect template that when an attribute selection is chosen, then another field is required to be filled in.

Example:

Fields:

If FILED AGAINST = A

this can be done by coding your own precondition - saying that save workitem action fails on this particular work item if the field filed against has a certain value.

permanent link
Michael Mancini (1362410) | answered Oct 26 '10, 10:18 a.m.

Example:

Fields:

If FILED AGAINST = A

this can be done by coding your own precondition - saying that save workitem action fails on this particular work item if the field filed against has a certain value.

What exactly do you mean by "code my own precondition"? Where and how would I achieve this?

permanent link
Kim Soederhamn (1.5k34348) | answered Oct 26 '10, 10:43 a.m.

Example:

Fields:

If FILED AGAINST = A

What exactly do you mean by "code my own precondition"? Where and how would I achieve this?

Well there are many ways to do it - but I would suggest you follow the instructions in this video on youtube - and when you get that up and running I can provide with a code sample on how to do it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rfvx0AWvy_Y&feature=related

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.